Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 01-08-2019, 05:20 AM
Observer

Annemieke is on a distinguished road
Angry Don't buy from Nutriseed! (at least not vit. B12)

After cancer treatment twelve years ago I could not absorb vitamin B12 in the normal way. I found out myself - noone told me! - that I had to use a high-strength supplement of 1000mcg. I did that happily for years and years and it worked fine.
Eight months ago I needed some more, and as my usual brand, Lamberts, did not seem to supply them at the time, I ordered them from Nutriseed.
Bad mistake.
I am now suffering from peripheral neuropathy which is no fun at all.
I have searched the internet and discovered there are two main versions of B12: methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin. Methyl is excellent; cyano is cheap rubbish. The Lamberts one I had before says methylcobalamin; the Nutriseed one I bought last spring, did not say anything. It took me over 14 days to get hold of them and yes, Nutriseed contains the bad, cheap version: cyanocobalamin. Which did not work.

I may never get rid of the neuropathy, such are the dangers of lack of vitamin B12.
DO NOT buy from Nutriseed, however fancy their paper packaging!
Old 01-09-2019, 09:29 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that, I think SolsticeGoat mentioned that in this old thread. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26703
Old 01-10-2019, 03:44 AM
Observer

Annemieke is on a distinguished road

Read your link, kind2creatures, thank you so much!! I've been having the xylitol mints for a few years now, 2, sometimes 3 a day and I wonder whether that might be my trouble ..... will research!