Old 08-21-2018, 12:27 AM
Observer

johnbbecker2 is on a distinguished road
Default Panic Disorder

What medicines do you recommend about having a panic disorder?
Old 08-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Observer

Happyflowerlady is on a distinguished road

I don’t have any medicines to recommend, but what really helped me was Meridian Tapping. It sounds a little odd when you first read about it because you are just basically tapping on parts of your head and body and repeating helpful phrases; but it is actually related to acupuncture, and is very effective for panic attacks.

On the way to the fitness center, my little truck overheated, and it was closer to go there than turn around and go back home; so I kept driving, but I was in a total panic the whole way there.
After I got into the pool at the fitness center, I was still way too upset to swim and relax; so I tried the tapping, not really expecting it to do a whole lot. In a few minutes of tapping, I was totally over the panic attack , calmed down, and not even worried about going back to see what caused the overheating problem, or whether we could drive it back home again, and I was able to relax and enjoy my swimming.
The good news, we just had to add water to the radiator, and the truck drove home just fine, so it turned out not to be a big problem after all.

magnesium is also supposed to be good for helping with panic attacks , according to what I have read, so you might want to try some of that as well.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:17 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
I donít have any medicines to recommend, but what really helped me was Meridian Tapping.

I have tried tapping. It has been around, in various forms, since the late 60s (Hippie era). Apparently I have not tried this Meridian Tapping. I'll find it and try, because all the other tapping techniques haven't worked for me. For 2 reasons probably. 1) no patience 2) I invent worries when I run out of worries.

Thanks for the info.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched ó they must be felt with the heart." ó Helen Keller
Old 08-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Observer

Life365 is on a distinguished road

Are you under any kind of stress?
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.