Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

Old 02-07-2018, 07:57 AM
Observer

Paul10118 is on a distinguished road
Default Herbal Medicine - the evidence

Hi everyone

What are people's views on this page: anita-clay.com

I'm open minded about herbal medicine, but I think there is a good point being made here. It's important to have the evidence.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Observer

Sherry is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Don't be sheeple, be awake people!

Why is this lady being set upon?
For a start "Medical" Herbalists in the UK are authorised to dispense medicinal herbs by effect of the prior medical training, after a consultation.

A herbalist (some, especially those named "medical") have a degree in Herbal medicine. This degree includes 3 years of clinical, diagnostics, ethics, botany, and herbal materia medica training, in UK universitys/ They are trained to perform the physical observations and examinations exactly as Doctors are. A Medical Herbalist is intelligent enough to look into any contraindications of already prescribed pharmaceutical medication, when deciding to choose their herbs.

If someone goes to see a trained herbalist regarding a health issue, they are in good hands, which makes the herb safe. And the herb is effective due to knowledge and experience, and constant communication between client and practitioner.
The only time herbs are not safe are when people go to some store and buy some herbal supplement without a clue how it works or what not to do.
Herbal medicines do have a lot of research on there constituents, do a google scholor search, on billberry (vaccinium) Garlic (Allium sativum) or Turmeric(Curcuma longa) to name a few and see what you find.

In addition pharmaceutical companies will do whatever they can to keep the public from natural alternatives, need I say more. It is not a conspiracy theory (which is what is said when a person can think for themself) but documented fact.
Look at all the patents drug companies are establishing on herbal formuals, and the Codex Alimentarius, See Here

Codex Alimentarius Commission - A Threat to Humankind
[URL="https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_depopu36.htm"]
For the same economic reasons, the pharmaceutical industry has now formed an international cartel by the code name "Codex Alimentarius" with the aim to outlaw any health information in connection with vitamins and to limit free access to natural therapies on a worldwide scale. At the same time, the pharmaceutical ...
Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) etc etc.

Also mixing a herbal formula is not a gimmick, this is a long standing process which has years of documented, empirical research, from many cultures.
People, I urge you to look into how effective clinical trials are on the pharma drugs you take, and do you have any idea what they are made from, or did you just take someones word for it, because, oh! they wouldn't lie.
What do you think Aspirin is derived from and how that came about, what about that heart medication some take Digoxin, what do you think that is made from. Pharma campanies spend plenty cash sending scouts off to rainforests to find new sources to scavenge.
When they standardise these component parts, that is why you have so many side effects. Compared to when the whole is used in Herbal Medicine. I could go on, however I am tired now.
When a private consultant charges 250 its ok, but when a herbalist charges it must be a scam. Why? after spending years studying and passing examinations to pursue a natural career choice, how else can they pay their bils or pay off a huge student Loan which cost 9000 per year.
I do not know this lady personally but I support Good herbal Medicine practices as established by the National Institute of Medial Herbalist which has been around for years and years trying to get the Gov to wake up.

The individual or group responsible for putting this ladies name in the mud should them self be set upon, and sued for slander.
One more thing, everyone knows garlic right? It is proven, documentd and scientifically research to be a broad spectrum antimicrobial, and blood cleanser. If some one decides to go and but it in a store when already taking a prescribed medication, they are not aware of the risks. But a trained Herbalist is, knowing, for example extreme caution is needed if a client is taking warfarin. So there you go.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.