Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 12-28-2016, 07:59 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold
Default 5 most powerful natural antibiotics

by Derek Henry – Natural News

Hospital antibiotics have become one of the most over prescribed “medicines” today. As a result people have ruined their digestive systems, and ironically, have lowered their natural immunity to all types of infections in the future. Get rid if infections without the digestive destruction, with these five powerful natural antibiotics.

Garlic

Garlic has been used medicinally by cultures around the world for thousands of years. In fact, it was used in the 1700s to ward off plague.

Garlic possesses potent antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties and is able to help protect and facilitate removal of unfriendly bacteria. It is also very high in natural antioxidants that destroy free radicals, which also supports a strong immune system.

The active ingredient in garlic, allicin, is the key component to killing and warding off harmful bacteria. Crush it to activate these compounds, and eat it raw, in a warm tea, or in lightly cooked food.

Colloidal silver

Colloidal silver has been known as an effective antibiotic for centuries. In the early 1900s, Alfred Searle, founder of the Searle pharmaceutical company, discovered that it could kill the most deadly pathogens.

Searle stated that applying colloidal silver to human subjects has been done in a large number of cases with astonishing results. The main advantage was that it was rapidly fatal to microbes without toxic action on its host.

Recent research has also stated that colloidal silver can destroy antibiotic resistant microbes like MRSA, the bird flu, and SARS.

Oil of oregano

Oil of oregano takes care of pathogenic bacteria without disrupting beneficial bacteria. It is also antiviral and antifungal which makes it a powerful three-in-one combination that rivals pharmaceuticals while not encouraging antibiotic resistance.

The key antimicrobial ingredient in oil of oregano is carvacrol. You should ensure that your source is at least 70 percent carvacrol content in order to be effective.

Echinacea

Echinacea has been used to treat a wide variety of infections for hundreds of years. Traditionally, it was used to treat open wounds, diphtheria, blood poisoning, and other bacterial related illnesses.

Today, this potent herb is used mostly for colds and flu, due to its ability to destroy the most dangerous forms of bacteria such as staphylococcus aureus, which causes deadly MRSA.

Manuka honey

Perhaps the most palatable antibiotic comes in the form of manuka honey. Applied topically it can kill a wide range of pathogens including MRSA and flesh eating bacteria. It was also found that the treated bacteria did not build up any resistance, which would eventually render manuka honey ineffective.

This is certainly not an exhaustive list of natural antibiotics, but a great start for an all natural pharmacy. Also consider reishi, pau d’arco, una de gato, olive leaf extract, cloves, turmeric, and even lemons to round out your antibiotic arsenal.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 02-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Inquisitor

cyber-junkie is on a distinguished road

Manuka Honey is great for the stomach also and is reported to heal ulcers.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Observer

LeaveTheCouchAndGo is on a distinguished road

I agree with all of those.

Some may also add onions, goldenseal and olive leaf to the list.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:16 AM
Observer

davtt is on a distinguished road

Agreed on garlic being at the top of the list! That's what I was thinking of before I opened this thread. I actually heard something recently that somebody avoids eating/taking garlic in the morning to not interfere with the probiotics they take.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:25 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by davtt View Post
Agreed on garlic being at the top of the list! That's what I was thinking of before I opened this thread. I actually heard something recently that somebody avoids eating/taking garlic in the morning to not interfere with the probiotics they take.
I always think of that as I take lots of supplements. Which ones are OK to take at the same time? Some require "empty stomachs". Does that ever happen? Just how many empty stomachs can a guy have? But of course, there are some that need to be with meals. Garlic is one, and ginger, and cayenne. And there are some that require some oils or fats, like astaxanthin, vitamin D, vitamin A. Oh well, it is a balancing act. I try to take less supplements, but some are so specialized and can't be found in my normal diet.

Probiotics are so important, but you're right. They must be treated specially. But they are not too fragile. After all, they exist in body heat of about 97F, and stomach acid, and low oxygen, etc.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 PM
Observer

kazziem01 is on a distinguished road

Manuka Honey? What's so special about using this kind on honey. That stuff is so much more expensive than normal honey.

Kaz
Old 02-21-2017, 10:21 PM
Enlightener

D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough

They use manuka honey mostly for H-Pylori infection. Rife frequency treatments using 676 Hz is much faster and very effective for this infection.

Dan
Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

The most powerful antibiotic by far is oil of oregano, but not the crap you buy at Walmart that has been diluted to the point of being near useless. The oil of oregano you want in your medicine cabinet is referred to as P73. This has to do with its strength..based upon the amount of OoO and its carrier oil, usually olive oil. The best solution would be a 50% mixture one drop olive oil per one drop of OoO. All other antibiotics, prescription or natural, are pretty much useless against today's super bacteria.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Observer

Curenado is on a distinguished road

The farther we go along, the more the very fundamental substances and "roots" of biology are the last stand, after commercial antibiotics are gone. They appear to be getting close, owing to numerous cases of outright failure.
Good tip about the P73 OoO.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.