Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Cancer

Old 10-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
Re skimmed milk - I've already given my response to that.

In any case, it was the quart of raw milk in combination with mega D that did for her.
That is simply your opinion and you can provide absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your reasoning for holding that opinion. In contrast there is masses of evidence so show that people who consume dairy do NOT have any higher risk of BC than non dairy users. Similarly the evidence shows it is generally the case that BC incidence is lower in people with higher 25(OH)D status. But as all cancers are the results of a complex combination of different risk factors there is absolutely no guarantee that the avoidance of one particular risk factor will totally prevent all cancer incidence. So although MOST people with higher vitamin D status will have FEWER cancers some unlucky ones will still get cancer because there are some cancers that are less responsive to the anti cancer powers of vitamin D.

You will be well aware that I also promote the use of curcumin that although it works through the Vitamin D Receptor is able to activate genes that D3 on it's own doesn't so it is wrong to give the impression that because there are examples that are the exception to the rule the general rule of thumb is wrong.

At least the odds of vitamin D helping prevent cancer are a lot higher than the numbers required to take statins to show any life saving benefit and the odds are that more people taking statins will be harmed than will ever be helped.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

1) No evidence? Try reading Dr Jessen's article again, then perhaps the penny will drop.

2) I say the daily quart of raw milk gave her bone cancer, you say it was skimmed milk...
Ah! That's okay, nothing to do with dairy then?

3) People getting plenty of vitamin D will, by and large, have a lower incidence of cancer. Yes. Mind you, you could say that about many things.
A bit of wisdom from Andrew W. Saul:
"It would be a tragic mistake to centre all discussion of cancer on a single vitamin. Research will continue to confirm that all nutrients and most certainly all the vitamins are required to prevent and stop cancer.
After all, which wheel on your car can you afford to do without? Which wing of your airplane can we leave off next time you fly?"

PS: STILL waiting for the quote!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
1) No evidence? Try reading Dr Jessen's article again, then perhaps the penny will drop.
Unfortunately it's taking a very long time for the penny to drop that there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE WHATSOVER to suggest that people who consume the most dairy have the most Breast cancer.There is a very SMALL relationship so it's fair to say that some people are particularly sensitive but small in risk terms means that more harm than good would arise from putting anyone off drinking milk.
Quote:
2) I say the daily quart of raw milk gave her bone cancer, you say it was skimmed milk...
Ah! That's okay, nothing to do with dairy then?
I don't regard dried skimmed milk as a natural dairy product. It has only been a part of the human diet recently and I don't think it's a good idea to use it, but not for it's association with cancer because I don't think their is one. Sure Adelle thought so but it could have been other risk factors we are not aware of.

Quote:
PS: STILL waiting for the quote!
Can't you use google?
Old 10-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

"The increased consumption of meat and dairy products particuarly, is the most likely reason for the epidemic of breast and prostate cancer, the incidence of which is incredibly low in cultures whose diets excludes these foods" - Patrick Holford
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.