Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Children's Health

Old 01-09-2018, 12:15 PM
MomBeck is on a distinguished road
Question Infant UTI, Avoid Antibiotics?

Hello Everyone!

My 8-month-old daughter just tested positive for a UTI yesterday. For the last couple days, I've noticed temperature spikes (up to 102) and also a swelling in her soft-spot that corresponds with the fever spikes. She then goes almost back to normal in between. (The doctor absolutely insists that the soft-spot bulging is fine and is not related to the UTI. At this point in my research, I'm not so sure.)

Anyway, her pediatrician immediately recommended an antibiotic shot (which I want to avoid at all costs!) and HAS prescribed her a round of oral antibiotics (which I want to avoid altogether if possible).

I can't find ANYTHING online about antibiotic alternatives when treating an infant's UTI. I'm curious if anyone has had success in treating their babies with natural remedies. Thanks in advance!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.