Old 03-13-2018, 12:30 PM
Observer

ngrome is on a distinguished road
Default Gout sufferer here

Hi, this is my first post as I am a gout sufferer, have been since around 2012 with my first flare up. My last flare up prior to my latest one now was about 10 months ago. I've had my gout treated by my doctor prescribing colchicine and indomethacin. Although somewhat helpful in relieving, I find these medicines have bad side effects, giving me anything from headaches to nausea or diarrhea.

I've since then turned to natural remedies or supplements, the latest working for me is apple cider vinegar, along with baking soda, and taking devil's claw supplements.

With this latest gout attack, I have to buy another bottle of devil's claw supplement but since the one I used previously wasn't available, I just bought the only bottle available which was Nature's Way Devil's Claw Secondary Root. But there's also a Nature's Way Devil's Claw Standardized. Does anyone know the difference between both?

I'm hoping this is an active forum as I don't see too many posts in 2018, maybe early in the year, but see a few posts as late as in late 2017. Thanks in advance and hope to learn from a few threads in here.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:03 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure what Secondary Root is, but standardized normally means that you get the same amount of the healing herb in every capsule or tablet.

Meanwhile, check out this page for the proven benefits of another herb which has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic practice. https://www.naturalarthritistreatmen...gandha-in-gout

Ashwagandha is an adaptagen. I normally think of it as a balancer of the thyroid, but it is really much, much more.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.