Old 07-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Lecturer

EarlyBird is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 2011 Summer heat!

According to National TV News, over 40 states are experiencing temps of 90* or higher right now.
Ohio & KY are 2 of them. We're due upper 90's , near 100* - over 100* with the heat indexes for this entire week.
Plus no rain due this week either.
Are you all in Texas any closer to getting rain?

Who else is from a state with ultra high temps right now?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Enlightener

jbo is on a distinguished road

In Florida we're getting a lot of rain, but it's still too hot for me. My dog can't walk more than 10 minutes without looking like she's about to pass out.

3 people I know their AC went out this month from probably over working
Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Lecturer

Exclamation

Yikes! God forbid that my A/C quits on me. I had it serviced 7/2 & all was/is well so far.
But, I'm not keeping it as cool as I would prefer...it runs almost constantly as it is w/only 90* out there.
So, I'll bear up & sweat a little....Maybe a nice cool bathtub soak later.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I've had 33 days of triple digit weather (central TX). Not all consecutive. There has been a few upper 90s in that time. But 33 of the days were 100 or greater. I should be used to it. No rain. Extreme drought. No end in sight.

Record breaking climate this year. We had the coldest days of winter on record. Now, breaking records again.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Enlightener

ozzie has a spectacular aura aboutozzie has a spectacular aura about

Please please send us some of your heat over herewe are having a very cold winter here this year, only 14 deg celcius at the moment at midday too .
ozzie
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
Please please send us some of your heat over herewe are having a very cold winter here this year, only 14 deg celcius at the moment at midday too .
ozzie
Is that pretty extreme for Australia? It seems that the northern hemisphere is having extremes this whole year.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Enlightener

ozzie has a spectacular aura aboutozzie has a spectacular aura about

jfh, we have had cold wet winters like this before, but the last really cold winter was about 7 years ago.
We have really needed the rain though as most of our water dams and rivers were so low because of the droughts that it was thought that they would never again recover, but thank god they have.
ozzie
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Lecturer

Exclamation

We in Ohio/Ky. are not due any relief until possibly next Tuesday...today is Wed. 7/20.
Upper 90's the rest of this week with heat indexes from 105 to 110*....the humidity is almost as high
as the temps.....very little rain either. My A/C in my car isn't too strong so I'll be staying home this week.
A good way to not spend money at least.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

N. E. coast representing!

We're 90s to upper 90* until Monday, but lurking thunderstorms could bring the temp down if we actually get them~
Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

We've been lucky here in Colorado, past couple of weeks have been upper 80's. low 90's with afternoon cloud cover and thunderstorms to cool everything down. It's just starting to get to the mid to upper 90s, and less or no rain in the evening.

Stay cool EarlyBird! Don't let that sun get to ya!

Jfh, my sister lives in Texas, and she's coming here for a visit next month to escape the heat, I feel bad for you guys there, going from air cond. house to air cond. car to pool. And the drought is not even giving you hopes of cooling off.

We only have a small window air cond. in our bedroom, and very rarely put on the living room fan to cool off. Our house has evergreens on the sunny side and keeps it cool indoors, the basement is around 10 degrees cooler.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Lecturer

Exclamation

A friend & her hubby are RVing through Montana presently, said it's in 80's there & no humidity.
Must be nice!

Tags
heat, summer, weather
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.