Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

Old 10-10-2014, 05:26 AM
Observer

mangoguru is on a distinguished road
Default Fungus in groin area and on scrotum:

I have had issues in my groin area for a long time, but lately it has become worse spreading to the scrotum and the skin going signal red and painful. Cannot sit and it is painful to walk.

I have tried Aloe Vera with tea tree oil for 3 days.

It seems to cool it down and it has become less red.

I wondered if I might also add Oreganol (oregano oil) in to the mixture, but on the label it says "do not use in the genital area"....

The doctor say it is fungus so I am quite sure of it.

Any advice please?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

If you are in puberty, you may not want to use the tea tree oil. I remember reading something about adverse hormonal effects on the young.

Keeping the area dry will always be helpful. I make my own oregano oil and use it on eczema with great success. Maybe dilute the oregano oil with olive oil?

Witch Hazel is a good astringent too. Not sure how it works on fungus, but it works well on acne. Lugols iodine is another topical that may be worth trying.

I credit peppermint oil soap with ridding me of any and all foot fungi. It will sting raw skin, but it might be worth a try.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:38 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I would use coconut oil on the area. You'd have to let it soak in and 'dry' before putting on clothing, as it may leave an oily stain. http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Coconut
Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Observer

Default Thanks, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I would use coconut oil on the area. You'd have to let it soak in and 'dry' before putting on clothing, as it may leave an oily stain. http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Coconut
Yes I tried coconut oil. It seems the combo of Aloe Vera and Tea tree worked better.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Observer

Default Not in puberty (just foreign).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
If you are in puberty, you may not want to use the tea tree oil. I remember reading something about adverse hormonal effects on the young.

Keeping the area dry will always be helpful. I make my own oregano oil and use it on eczema with great success. Maybe dilute the oregano oil with olive oil?

Witch Hazel is a good astringent too. Not sure how it works on fungus, but it works well on acne. Lugols iodine is another topical that may be worth trying.

I credit peppermint oil soap with ridding me of any and all foot fungi. It will sting raw skin, but it might be worth a try.
Thanks. I have now added some oregano oil.

I am wondering about a good protocol for this.
It seems showering once every day is a good idea washing with organic Weleda soap for babies.

Not sure how many times to apply the ointment pr. day? 3 ?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Women have had success with apple cider vinegar washes for Candida Albicans in that area. That's a fungus. Probably different from yours, but worth a try and inexpensive. Use it before your aloe and tea tree combo.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 10-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Women have had success with apple cider vinegar washes for Candida Albicans in that area. That's a fungus. Probably different from yours, but worth a try and inexpensive. Use it before your aloe and tea tree combo.
Thanks. Can you please explain the theory behind that? Vinegar before? I have organic Apple Cider Vinegar btw.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:05 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Vinegar has ascetic acid. Apple cider vinegar also has a huge reputation in the alternative health world and a long, long list of remedies.

Vinegar is will know as an antibacterial, anti-fungal. But people on candida boards say that it works differently inside the body for candida. It seems to promote growth of the candida albicans. I've even used apple cider vinegar as an underarm deodorant after working outside in the heat. It is only short term though. Bacteria will still grow back, so I follow it with deodorant. This is why I say to use the ACV first to clear the external bacteria and fungi, then use your other formula.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Vinegar has ascetic acid. Apple cider vinegar also has a huge reputation in the alternative health world and a long, long list of remedies.

Vinegar is will know as an antibacterial, anti-fungal. But people on candida boards say that it works differently inside the body for candida. It seems to promote growth of the candida albicans. I've even used apple cider vinegar as an underarm deodorant after working outside in the heat. It is only short term though. Bacteria will still grow back, so I follow it with deodorant. This is why I say to use the ACV first to clear the external bacteria and fungi, then use your other formula.
Ok. Thanks!

Tags
fungus, groin, oregano oil, treatment
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.