Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health

Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Alone With A Heart Attack

Here's a suggestion from Dr. Phil Bate for what to do if you are alone and having a heart attack...

Quote:
Alone With a Heart Attack

You're at home alone, and you suddenly feel a severe pain in the chest. It
is now radiating up all the way to your jaw area, and it's going outwards
to your left arm. Almost certainly you're having a serious heart attack.
You've only got about 10 seconds left. Your heart is stopping, and you'll
be losing consciousness unless you do something right now!

Start coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be
taken before each cough. The cough must be deep and prolonged, as when
producing sputum from deep inside the chest. And a cough must be repeated
about every 1-2 seconds without let up until help arrives, or until the
heart is felt to be beating normally again. Cough even to pain!

It's now immediate decision time! How can you get the fastest medical help
or CPR?
1. Call 911 while coughing.
2. Scream for help IF someone who knows CPR is near enough to hear you.
You MUST get CPR immediately or you may die.

The deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and the coughing movements
squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating.
There's still another benefit of this deep breath/cough routine. The
squeezing pressure on the heart may even help it regain normal rhythm. In
this way, heart attack victims can often get to a hospital and live a lot
longer.

One case was reported where the victim was driving about 5 minutes from a
hospital, and managed to stay alive while driving this distance by simply
using this deep breath/cough routine.
Five minutes or even longer is a huge improvement on 10-30 seconds of heart
stoppage. You may be able to save your own life.
http://drbate.com/
Old 03-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

Alternatively, what 'you' can do is chew a 300mg soluble aspirin. This will have an immediate blood-thinning effect and will keep the arteries open.
It will buy 'you' valuable time to get to hospital or keep you alive till the ambulance arrives. (Tell the ambulance crew that you've taken the aspirin)

Ideally, every man over a certain age should carry a foil-wrapped soluble aspirin on his person, because you never know...
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Enlightener

ozzie has a spectacular aura aboutozzie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Here's a suggestion from Dr. Phil Bate for what to do if you are alone and having a heart attack...
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion197282
Alternatively, what 'you' can do is chew a 300mg soluble aspirin. This will have an immediate blood-thinning effect and will keep the arteries open.
It will buy 'you' valuable time to get to hospital or keep you alive till the ambulance arrives. (Tell the ambulance crew that you've taken the aspirin)

Ideally, every man over a certain age should carry a foil-wrapped soluble aspirin on his person, because you never know...
Great advice kind2creatures,and knightofalbion, sometimes I get chest pain which radiates into my jaw and teeth, when this happens I get an asprin and put under my tongue to disolve, and the pain generally subsides fairly quickly.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Lecturer

just me is on a distinguished road

Somewhere (one of the forums I think) I read that if you are having chest pains, or think you are having a heart attack to drink some cayenne tea or take a small spoon of cayenne pepper... Some of the military MRE's have a small bottle of hot sauce that I would keep them in my car and hanging around just in case
Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

I disagree with the aspirin and with the coughing as well.

Whats the first thing they give you when you arrive at the hospital emerg with a heart attack? Magnesium.

If you are worried about having a heart attack at home alone, then keep some magnesium from citrate close by as well as a tincture of cayenne pepper, 90,000 heat units or stronger.

The magnesium will protect the heart muscle and the cayenne pepper will improve blood flow immediately.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdoctor View Post
I disagree with the aspirin and with the coughing as well.

Whats the first thing they give you when you arrive at the hospital emerg with a heart attack? Magnesium.

If you are worried about having a heart attack at home alone, then keep some magnesium from citrate close by as well as a tincture of cayenne pepper, 90,000 heat units or stronger.

The magnesium will protect the heart muscle and the cayenne pepper will improve blood flow immediately.
Magnesium is essential for sound heart health, no dispute there, but...

What's the first thing the ambulance crew will give you? Aspirin. Which is why you need to tell them you've already taken one.
It is estimated that using aspirin as a heart attack first aid could save 10,000 (American) lives each year.
I'm no particular fan of aspirin, have to be pretty rough before I take one, but I do have the sense to recognise their great value in certain circumstances.
I think it wise if all people, esp. men, above a certain age, carry a foil-wrapped soluble aspirin on their person or kept within ready & easy reach, because, like I said, you never know...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Lecturer

just me is on a distinguished road

So i dont keep asprin in the house...Would white willow bark do the same thing???
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

When you are having a heart attack, there is not enough time to think or prepare. Herbs would not be fast enough. Coughing would be the most convenient and easy. Aspirin or cayenne would be next. Although, I would have to experiment with the cayenne. I don't know how to use it. Especially the tincture. Would you mix it in water? Would I be able to get to the sink for water? Just seems like coughing would be the most convenient.

I've never had a heart event, except a broken heart a couple of times. I'm preparing already. Serrapeptase and nattokinase seems the easiest for prevention.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 03-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
It is estimated that using aspirin as a heart attack first aid could save 10,000 (American) lives each year.
There is no evidence of this, only speculation, however there is proof that 5000 die each year from the bleeding aspirin causes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Although, I would have to experiment with the cayenne. I don't know how to use it. Especially the tincture. Would you mix it in water? Would I be able to get to the sink for water?
The tincture of cayenne is made before hand, and is ready to use. The only issue is that it would have to be nearby.

Once administered, the cayenne "effect" would be instant.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The tincture of cayenne is made before hand, and is ready to use. The only issue is that it would have to be nearby.

I understand how it is manufactured, I'm just not sure how it is used. I assume that one would not put this on one's tongue directly. Maybe in a little water?

Dr Schulze, my favorite vendor doctor, has some that is quite powerful. https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php/Ou...ts/Circulation
Quote:
This Cayenne/Capsicum Concentrated Extract is by far the strongest available anywhere. We label them 250,000 heat units, but that is a MINIMUM. Often, some of the peppers we use rate over 500,000 heat units. The liquid extract is preferred and more convenient for most emergency applications, and the powder is more suited for daily health intake, although this can be reversed.

All hot-capsicum species contain the powerful phytochemicals Capsaicin and Oleoresin, which are only some of the active constituents. Cayenne is the greatest herbal aid to circulation and can be used on a regular basis. There is no other herb that stimulates the blood flow so rapidly, powerfully and completely. After all, no other herb gives you a red face—that’s blood! For emergency use, it is almost unlimited. It has been used to improve heart health, brain blood-flow and to maintain healthy joints. This herb, in history, has been revered by so many herbalists, some added it to almost every formulation, and Dr. Schulze is one of them.

WARNING: This product contains extremely HOT Cayenne Pepper. Wash hands two or three times after handling this product. Do not touch sensitive areas of the body after handling this Powder. When we mix this Capsicum Powder, even some of our employees who are used to consuming hot peppers have to wear special anti-contamination suits with Special Forces gas masks that Dr. Schulze bought in Germany. We are not joking.
I guess I'll just have to get some and try it. Maybe it comes with instructions. I don't use peppers. I don't like for my food to fight me.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Actually a heart attack can go on for a prolonged period of time... enough time for herbs and other things to work. Not all heart attacks are drop dead in 5 minute situations.

I would take a capsule of cayenne pepper- I have Dr Schultze's cayenne products... liquid cayenne may be a problem as taking it under such diuress may bring on vomiting. Some people vomit when they have heart attacks. Hopefully you can hold this stuff down.
I would take 2 nattokinase and repeat in 4 hours.
I would take at least 100mg of niacin, if you can tolerate more take more, up to 500mg.
I would repeat the cayenne in 1 to 2 hours
and I would get to the hospital as soon as possible

Nattokinas will not only prevent but it will start dissolving any vessel obstruction immediately

the bleeding that aspirin can cause is from repeated use not a one time dose. It can eat a hole in the lining of the stomach with repeated use, just like ibuprofen... so a one time dose wont be a problem.

Aspirin has proven to be effective in this situation but I think that what I have listed above will compensate for it.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Lecturer

Quote:
There is no evidence of this, only speculation, however there is proof that 5000 die each year from the bleeding aspirin causes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...y-aspirin.html

http://www.wonderdrug.com/ha_role.htm

The emergency aspirin is just for that, an emergency. A one off aspirin isn't going to cause internal bleeding. (Though prolonged daily use can do)
I'm not saying those other things don't work, it's just that if you really were suffering a heart attack you wouldn't have time to go and get them and get everything set up, it would need to be something you could carry on your person and be ready for immediate use, and a foil-wrapped aspirin perfectly fits the bill. It does work.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me View Post
So i dont keep asprin in the house...Would white willow bark do the same thing???
If it was in tablet form, no, wouldn't work quick enough. If it was in a soluble/liquid form, probably, but under the circumstances advisable not to try and find out!
I bought a packet of soluble aspirin for the princely sum of 39p (!) and I think it was a wise investment.

Tags
coughing, heart attack
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.