Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 05-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Reader

jaminhealth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth
Default Sleep Apnea Business is Booming

Here is a report on this booming business. And WEIGHT issues seem to be a major culprit in all these pushes for devices to sleep.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rs-arent-happy

Right now there is a suit being settled in So Calif on a $11Million scam between a couple centers.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:21 AM
perpetual student

jfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud of

That's difficult. Sleep apnea is real, but I can see how it can create "solutions" waiting for problems. I feel the same way about psychologists. There is not one size fits all.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 05-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Reader

jaminhealth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

It may be real, I don't know, but I wonder how all my relatives made it to 80-90's without all these sleep studies and CPAP devices....snoring is very normal for MANY.

Too much weight on one's body is a major cause and of course, the breathing stuff, that is where grape seed extract which I've been taking for 25 yrs would really do the sleep job. Keep one clearly breathing and hence good sleep. I'm 80 and sleep great every night but I do take antioxidants like grape seed ex and some sleep combo I've been able to make up for myself...and keep my weight in a good place.

Take care.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.