Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 07-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Observer

mellyd76 is on a distinguished road
Default Vitamin supplements advice please

Hi, I've been taking the following supplements for roughly five months - Omega-3
Vitamin D and Calcium
Vitamin B12
Glucosamine
Co-enzyme Q10
Multivitamin
Green coffee capsules
Vitamin B Complex

I have seen an overall positive change to my mood.
My energy levels seem to severely decline around
3pm. I take the B12 first thing in the morning and the
rest at about 6pm. Could anyone suggest anything
that could help with fatigue please?
Old 07-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Exercise is the number one thing to fight fatigue. It produces endorphins which charges you up, and there is no supplement for endorphins. Probiotics can often help with fatigue. Kefir and kombucha and real apple cider vinegar are great for that. There is a lot of phony kombuchas and apple cider vinegars so make sure they contain "the mother" which would look like a cloudy blob on the bottom of the bottle.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:03 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellyd76 View Post
Vitamin D and Calcium
this links takes you to Grassrootshealth and a set of charts that enable you to work out how much vitamin d you need to take daily.

Grassrootshealth

When you take an effective amount of vitamin d daily the first thing that changes is your ability to absorb calcium, Moving from deficient or insufficient vitamin d to optimal more than doubles the amount of calcium your body absorbs from your diet. Therefore as you supplement with vitamin d3 you should be able to stop supplementing with calciium which is associated with increased risk of heart problems.

The Calcium Story - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellyd76 View Post
Could anyone suggest anything that could help with fatigue please?
When vitamin d levels increase so does muscle strength so you should have more energy.
It may also help is you supplement with magnesium instead of calciium, Most people don't have sufficient magnesium in their diets.
Daily magnesium supplements improve glucose handling which enables your body to access the energy in your foods better. Magnesium is also involved in improving the way vitamin d works in your body.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

I always shake my head when somebody says to take vitamin D or calcium, or magnesium, or whatever. You can't cherry-pick. You need all 90 plus nutrients every day! They all work together in such a way that nobody understands.Being deficient in any one of these essential nutrients will cause one or more terrible diseases. And the worst part is these nutrients, especially the minerals and trace minerals are no longer in our food because they are no longer in the soil. The graveyard is full of people who believed they could get everything they needed from their food. Just eat better and follow the food guide and you will live to the ripe old age of 74 and the last 10 years will be spent mostly in hospital or at the doctors office waiting for tests, constantly in pain and can't walk. All this because you listen to your doctor.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.