Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 05-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Observer

galaxy1226 is on a distinguished road
Default Magnesium for Migranes- What else should I be taking?

Hi All! Hoping for a bit of feedback or advice as to what you all have used. I have been taking magnesium every day for chronic migraines from a bad concussion (yay, car accidents.) I've continually also have had odd brain 'episodes' where I lose some control/ability of my motor skills, cognitive function, speech, and my actions are delayed.

Has any one else had this post head injury? Severe migranes in general?

Aside from magnesium, is there any other supplements I could be taking that may help?
Old 05-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Observer

naturalglow is on a distinguished road

Have you looked into CBD Hemp Oil? It's legal now in all 50 states. May I suggest you research it further on YouTube and if interested, you're welcome to PM me and I can point you to a quality source.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Reader

jaminhealth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

You could do good with Grape Seed Extract, I've been taking it for over 24 yrs, no migraines here and no headaches period. It's primary job is circulation and cleaning the blood. There are TONS of info on this wonder food medicine ....
Old 01-05-2019, 09:04 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Using Lavender essential oil may help. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...ight=migraines
Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Observer

KCtheNatural is on a distinguished road
Default CoQ10

There is also some research on CoQ10 and migraines: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15728298
Old 02-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Observer

Alchemist 75 is on a distinguished road

There's a product on the market, a high quality butterbur extract called "petadolex" that I've recommended to quite a few clients over the years and it seems to work pretty reliably. It's seemed to be the most consistent I've encountered in terms of effect.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:17 PM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

I gave up on any "meds" after imitrex. No thanks doc.

I do a homeopathy roll on oil specifically for migraines that works very well! Along with a homeopathy for headaches.