Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 02-16-2018, 08:08 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Question "Iodized" Sea Salt - Is It Getting Scarce by You?

I've been buying 'iodized' sea salt for years now, usually getting it from the health food store, but can be bought at Walmart, etc. I only used NON-iodized sea salt years ago when I was experimenting with a Neti Pot.

Anyhoo, lately, the shelves have been empty in the local stores of 'iodized' sea salt. The worker at the health food store said they weren't getting any in lately, and he had no idea why.

Has anyone here noticed a scarcity of iodized sea salt where you live? Do you know the reason why??
Old 02-17-2018, 07:57 AM
perpetual student

jfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud ofjfh has much to be proud of

I rarely use commercial salt. I depend upon my multivitamin and mineral daily for 150mcg iodine. Also seawater fish and sometimes kelp or dulse. Otherwise, I try not to worry about iodine. Too bad that sea salt does not contain the RDA 150mg iodine.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.