Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 02-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Enlightener

truestorytotell is on a distinguished road
Default Is milk really depleting calcium?

So I plan on stopping drinking milk soon.

I wanted to ask if this is true?

http://thesqueezejuice.com/blog/2014...-calcium-what/

"So, What exactly is happening when you drink Milk?
Like any other animal derived protein-rich food, milk has a positive potential renal acid load which triggers a protective biological reaction to neutralize all the damaging acidic protein before it reaches the kidneys.
The body is designed for survival, so it sacrifices bone density to protect the kidneys and urinary tract because the latter are essential to survival. And the most readily available source of acid neutralizer is in the bones. So even though milk contains calcium, it ends up sapping your bones of that crucial mineral."

The reason I believe this is because 1 - if milk was actually beneficial (like all the dentists suggest) then I would have great teeth, not horrible teeth...

2, I wouldn't be so underweight...

I've been drinking A Lot of milk ALL my life. Chocolate milk, milk with cereals, milk with coffee, milk with cocoa, milk on its own even...

So, is this true? What are your opinions?
Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

It is true! Apart from the link to osteoporosis, dairy consumption is also linked to breast cancer, prostate cancer and all manner of other ailments.

Dairy is the number one dietary allergen.

The serious imbalance of Cal:Mg in dairy is another major downside to it. Magnesium, crucial for heart health and nerves and many other bodily processes, is already in under-supply in most people's diets. Over supplying dietary calcium is only going to compound the problem,

'Our' perception of dairy as a healthy food comes from decades of aggressive marketing.
The old 'if you tell a lie often enough ...' logic.
It's a wonder food ... if you're a baby cow. Humans don't need it.

There are plenty of plant milk alternatives available nowadays. Many of them are fortified for extra nutritional goodness.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorytotell View Post

I've been drinking A Lot of milk ALL my life. Chocolate milk, milk with cereals, milk with coffee, milk with cocoa, milk on its own even...

Cereal is bad for your health. Chocolate milk is full of sugar and other junk.

When you drink water that has corn syrup, phosphoric acid and bromated vegetable oil, your drinking soda pop, not water.

When you drink CAFO homogenized, pasteurized milk, your drinking liquid garbage.

Learn about real milk right HERE;

Quote:
Raw milk contains many components that kill pathogens and strengthen the immune system. These include lacto-peroxidase, lacto-ferrin, anti-microbial components of blood (leukocytes, B-macrophages, neutrophils, T-lymphocytes, immunoglobulins and antibodies), special carbohydrates (polysaccharides and oligosaccharides), special fats (medium chain fatty acids, phospholipids and spingolipids), complement enzymes, lysozyme, hormones, growth factors, mucins, fibronectin, glycomacropeptide, beneficial bacteria, bifidus factor and B12-binding protein. These components are largely inactivated by the heat of pasteurization and ultrapasteurization. For further information, see Part I of our Campaign for Real Milk PowerPoint Presentation.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Observer

NerdWellness is on a distinguished road

Some stats show that countries that consume the highest amounts of milk have most osteoporosis patients...accidentally or not this should tell us something.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

The Calcium Story Jason Fung

Death by Calcium -- Proof of the Toxic Effects of Dairy and Calcium Supplements- Tom Levy

While I recognize the potential dangers of too much calcium in magnesium and Vitamin K deficient populations I'm not convinced that WHOLE FAT dairy is a problem particularly for those who are able to find RAW MILK that hasn't been pasturized or homogenized and comes straight from the cow (preferably one where they graze on grass outside rather than intensively kept.
I also think that fermented milk products, yoghurt, kefir, cheese help introduce useful beneficial bacteria that help with our acquisition and retention of vitamins and minerals. Lactobacillus Reuteri for instance has been shown to improve Vitamin D3 levels and Galactooligosaccharides are found in milk and these help improve the amounts of minerals we absorb from our diet.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:09 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Yes, and the explanation is simple. Animal or other alien protein acidifies our blood and our body spend its resources to alkalize the blood back. The best alkaline mineral for that is calcium. So it takes calcium from our bones and teeth.
Milk and Acid-Base Balance: Proposed Hypothesis versus Scientific Evidence
Quote:
In conclusion, better-quality evidence reveals that milk and dairy products do not cause metabolic acidosis.
Furthermore, dairy products do not produce acid upon metabolism, and our bodies do not become acidified by the modern diet.
Additionally, evidence does not support associations of milk and dairy products with osteoporosis once physical activity and other factors are considered.
Milk continues to be a good source of dietary protein, calcium, and other nutrients.
Do be aware the industrial processing of milk pasturization/homogenization/ulrafiltration may remove some of the beneficial components.
Raw milk may be a better option if you've a local source that doesn't rip you off.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Observer

Ron Brown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorytotell View Post
So I plan on stopping drinking milk soon.

I wanted to ask if this is true?

http://thesqueezejuice.com/blog/2014...-calcium-what/

"So, What exactly is happening when you drink Milk?
Like any other animal derived protein-rich food, milk has a positive potential renal acid load which triggers a protective biological reaction to neutralize all the damaging acidic protein before it reaches the kidneys.
The body is designed for survival, so it sacrifices bone density to protect the kidneys and urinary tract because the latter are essential to survival. And the most readily available source of acid neutralizer is in the bones. So even though milk contains calcium, it ends up sapping your bones of that crucial mineral."

The reason I believe this is because 1 - if milk was actually beneficial (like all the dentists suggest) then I would have great teeth, not horrible teeth...

2, I wouldn't be so underweight...

AMERICAN MILK IS POISON THANKS TO THOSE THAT BELIEVE THE NONSENSE STARTED BY PASTUER WHO CONFESSED ON HIS DEATH BED HE WAS WRONG. IF YOU WANT CALCIUM THERE IS GOOD CALCIUM IN A CARROT JUST BE SURE YOUR MAGNESIUM LEVELS ARE UP. SUPPLEMENTING WITH CALCIUM IS USELESS WITHOUT MAGNESIUM AND ALSO DANGEROUS.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:16 AM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liju View Post
Milk is a very healthy diet. Do not stop drinking it. It has many benefits.
Is it Healthy to Drink Milk? 10 Questions with Bodo Melnik (MD); Professor of Dermatology, University of Osnabrück, Germany
Old 01-11-2018, 07:21 AM
Observer

Ron Brown is on a distinguished road

not the sterilized garbage sold in the US.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.