Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 09-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Observer

GeneSlimmins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniden View Post
Why are the US Dietary guidelines the same for all americans, when, according to some, there is no one type of diet that fits all? For example, if I said that the ideal diet is a diet of pure water, raw organic vegetables (including raw organic potatoes for complex carbohydrates and complete protein), and raw organic fruits (including raw organic avocados and durian for healthy fats), some would probably say that everyone is different and there is no one diet that everyone could follow for optimum health.
I'd be wary of US dietary guides. A lot of people have their hand in those pots and sometimes they can be influenced by donations from bigger companies. The best way to find YOUR ideal diet is to talk to an actual dietitian or nutritionist who knows your personal lifestyle.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Explorer

Mike65Denver is on a distinguished road

I eat 80% raw organic fruit, raw wildflower honey, and raw organic whole cane sugar. I also eat raw pastured eggs. God made em. Believe in God and eat His Goodies, my motto.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.