Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Dentistry

Old 02-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Observer

Annemieke is on a distinguished road
Default When can we brush our teeth safely?

They say nowadays that you shouldn’t brush you teeth too soon after a meal, or a sour drink (https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...a-meal/).Would this only hold if you use toothpaste, or is brushing with just water always ok?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:07 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I never heard of that, your link says page not found.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:06 AM
Observer

My mistake, sorry. The link should be

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...-after-a-meal/
Old 02-10-2019, 08:38 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I know that acid is bad for teeth, but I would think that brushing after drinking lemon juice or having acid reflux would be a good thing, since you're diluting the acid immediately just by the water and paste on the brush, and you're immediately rinsing everything out of your mouth afterwards.

Maybe brushing without paste would grind it into the tooth enamel? If I brush, I always use paste, or at least something like coconut oil on my brush.

I drink lemon water and baking soda every morning and never brush afterwards. I don't know about this, no expert here, but I won't let it affect when I brush my teeth.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:25 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I did read somewhere that one should not brush too soon after ice cream. I don't remember the details other than cold and sugar.

I sometimes use a homemade paste of coconut oil and baking soda. Also xylitol is really good for tartar control.

Here's a good link for remineralization of teeth.

Quote:
It’s pretty self-explanatory: consume food made from bones and get a good boost of all the essential bone-and-tooth-making nutrients. If you’re really serious about adopting a remineralization diet, bone broth should probably become a mainstay.

https://www.authoritydental.org/tooth-remineralization

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 02-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Observer

Hurray - I have homemade bone broth every day!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:12 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Thanks Jfh, I take some bone broth every day also.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.