Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 12-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough
Default Are Liquid Multis/Minerals Better Than Pill Form?

Are there any pros and cons?

Is either really better?

Question 2: If it says WholeFood, does that make it better? or is that just another buzz word they throw in?
Old 12-21-2017, 09:15 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I don't know, but I always assumed the liquids were better absorbed in the body, but they were always expensive too, which made me not buy them.

For years now I've been using capsules over tablets, especially since I read that tablets sometimes are eliminated from the body without even being fully dissolved.

I have trouble swallowing any pills lately, so I just open my capsules and add a few other things to an orange juice mixture.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:25 AM
Reader

Haha. GMTA. (great minds think alike) I too have decided to skip the very expensive liquids and just buy the pills/capsules.
Wonder if Superman (forgot his name) knows about the WholeFoods label?
Old 12-22-2017, 07:33 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I think "wholefood" means that the minerals were sourced from something organic. I think that is a good thing. I'm not really sure it makes a difference. After all, a mineral doesn't change its molecular structure depending upon where it grew up.

I like capsules better than liquid, only because of convenience. I don't know what digestion means, when it comes to minerals and liquid. As soon as you take a mineral, the body produces enzymes and acid to further dissolve it. Vitamins help to move the mineral (metal) into certain body parts. For example, vitamin D controls the use of calcium. Vitamin C controls the use of iron. Stomach acid controls the process as well. So beware of too much alkaline.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Reader

Thanks JF. So it does seem that it might just be a hot buzz word for marketing.
Albeit they are probably still good.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.