Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 12-17-2017, 05:54 AM
Observer

LokiBoy92 is on a distinguished road
Default A question regarding Magnesium & Lactium period of consumption

Hi ,

I've started consuming Magnesium 200mg daily & Lactium 150mg daily.
For how long I can keep taking them in those dosages before taking a brake and how long the brake should be before resuming again?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2017, 07:34 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I have no experience with Lactium.

I have been taking 200mg to 400mg every day for years. No problem. It does not accumulate in the body at those dosages. Unlike the heavier metals, like iron, it has no bad effects. It does tend to thin the blood, so beware if you are taking other blood thinning substances.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

It's generally the case that people who take 400mg magnesium daily will not have problems.
It's best absorbed having be dissolved in water so a powder form such as magnesium citrate or magnesium bicarbonate water will be well absorbed. Adding a quater of a teaspoon of magnesium citrate powder to a cup of tea/coffee/drinking chocolate is easier and better than swallowing tablets/capsules/softgels.
Magnesium bicarbonate water is easy to make at home and there are plenty of videos on you tube or information on google.

I think we should all be adding at least 200mg magnesium daily along with vitamin d3 (at least 5000iu daily 10,000iu in the north and in winter)

I've not used Lactium sounds as if it could be helpful.
https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar...=en&as_sdt=0,5
However it is quite pricey so only continue with it if you are certain it is actually helping.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.