Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Guide

tick is on a distinguished road
Default Birth Control Methods that aren't the Condom or Pill?

Alright, so wife is now asking me (after birth of our baby girl), to come up with some form of birth control...

So.. Aside from condoms (she's sensitive to latex and really who likes them?) and the pill (which wasn't good for her either) what other forms have we got?

I know there's a vasectomy, but I was wondering if anyone had any natural birth control maybe?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Enlightener

jbo is on a distinguished road

Pull and pray isn't an option?

Why not a vasectomy?

I know a guy who swears that billings method works and swears by it and even teaches a class. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billings_ovulation_method

Personally it would make me nervous
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

A diaphram with spermicide works well and I think they make them out of materials other than latex now . Combine with it the rhythm method.. in other words, no sex on ovulation days.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

My soon to be ex REFUSED a vasectomy. I had a tubal ligation. I didn't want to risk it - and the pill wasn't worth MORE HEALTH issues for me. The final decision and responsibility then fell on me. His logic? I WAS the one that "cooked" them, so....

My 3 sister's husbands had vasectomies (and one brother)- with the exclusion of one bil - but sister could not get pregnant.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Guide

We were doing the Rhythm method before and it worked well. I guess I was looking for maybe a combination of natural herbs or supplements that could act as a form of birth control.

Seems like it's more focused on augmenting fertility though.

I'll be honest... A vasectomy would be the last option on my list.. I'm kinda a coward when it comes to someone taking a knife (or laser) to my nether regions.. I know I'm being a baby about it... But it just makes me cringe...
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

I hear THAT - took me a good couple of weeks to even walk without stooping over. AND OMG the stabbing sharp pains shooting all over!! Laughing was painful. Surgery scares me so much.

I was very happy about the bikini incision. (I really wished he would of spared me. But it wasn't meant to be. he loves himself far too much)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
Alright, so wife is now asking me (after birth of our baby girl), to come up with some form of birth control...

Oral
Old 11-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
Oral

Awww.... but that leaves out all my other favorite positions

I guess it really has come down to vasectomy..... :/

I guess Oral would work for the interim, since she had a C-section I have heard that it can take up to a year for her to be "back in action" so to speak.. So leaves me time to think too..

I have heard that there are different kinds of birth control pills too, and supposedly one for men? (although I guess it's not out yet, and would have weird side effects???)
Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
Awww.... but that leaves out all my other favorite positions

)

I hear ya, brother.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Papaya seeds and hot water suggestion here...http://www.naturalnews.com/029126_bi...ol_papaya.html
Old 11-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Papaya seeds and hot water suggestion here...http://www.naturalnews.com/029126_bi...ol_papaya.html
Interesting.. Seems like a good way to go.. Thanks for the tip..

Since the wife is outta commission for at least 6 months now anyway... I have some time to put this into use and go get a fertility test.

I remember hearing about the hot water, not the Papaya seeds.. I'm not a big fan of Papaya, but I guess you can buy Papaya extract in pill form, so that might work.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Observing cool stuff

If gmo is of a concern - mostly ALL PAPAYA grown in the US, is genetically modified. Just to let you know
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bhere View Post
If gmo is of a concern - mostly ALL PAPAYA grown in the US, is genetically modified. Just to let you know
Actually, I was thinking of trying to find papaya extract, you know, something with 8 times the potency of eating a bunch of seeds. Sort of like those green tea pills

However, devils advocate playing and saying that the extract is extracted from WHAT exactly??
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I would buy organic only, and be sure it "seed" extract, not from the fruit or the leaves. Not sure who sells it though.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Guide

Looks like it's available on alibaba...

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/papa...d-extract.html

I have never ordered anything from alibaba, think it's alright to do so?

Looks like they are selling it as a weight loss product.. I wonder if they also tell you that it can make you infertile...... Be interesting lol... Weight loss and birth control together, what a combo....

Tags
birth control, vasectomy
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.