Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Men's Health

Old 01-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Enlightener

scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xania View Post
Sometimes I lurk on other forums, and steal the smileys I like!!
xania, some links for smileys:
http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

and if you like bananas (warning - there are some X-rated bananas):

http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys/banana.htm

and some others from this site:
http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys/smileys.htm

Last edited by scorpiotiger; 01-28-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Enlightener

the site of the MCP researcher:

http://www.dreliaz.com/home.php
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Enlightener

Iggy Dalrymple will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hirsute View Post
Thanks Harry, iHerb looks like a better deal.

Mike replied that he was seeing Dr Eliaz, the doctor that is pioneering the PectaSol studies.
Mike said that he's feeling better and hopes to resume posting on our forum soon.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Dalrymple View Post
Thanks Harry, iHerb looks like a better deal.
did you read what I said about the 15 gm dose used in the studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Dalrymple View Post
Mike replied that he was seeing Dr Eliaz, the doctor that is pioneering the PectaSol studies.
Mike said that he's feeling better and hopes to resume posting on our forum soon.
that's great. I'm so glad to hear this.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Enlightener

Xania is on a distinguished road

Great news about Mike. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Enlightener

I wrote Dr. Eliaz today about dosage.. and already got an answer. that was fast!
(names changed to prevent the innocent )

I send this:
Quote:
Dear Dr. Eliaz,

I have read your studies of MCP and they certainly look promising.

However, I notice that they use a 15 gm per day dosage (and this was upped to 20 gm in one short term study).

In looking at available pectosol supplements, a capsule is 750 mg. that would be 20 capsules a day to get 15 gm. A 200 gm supply of powder would last you less than 2 weeks.

however, I cannot find any writeup where you recommend what dosage for what problem? Have you tested with smaller dosages?

thanks for any information you can give to clarify the dosage needed.

Scorp
Quote:
Your question is being answered by the staff at dreliaz.com

Dear Scorp:

It is true, the published studies all used 15 mg PectaSol MCP per day in three divided dosed. The dosage was defined by the preliminary animal studies. The actual dosages recommended are:

Active condition: 15 grams powder daily (three 5 gram scoops daily) or 18 capsules daily (6 capsules, 3 times daily).

For long term maintenance: 5 grams daily (one 5 gram scoop daily) or 6 Capsules daily (3 capsules twice daily).

The product is designed to be taken on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour either before or after food, other supplements or medications. The PectaSol Powder can be mixed with any cool, or room temperature liquid. The dosage can be adjusted according to the aggressiveness of the condition, and smaller dosages can still be effective. I hope this helps.

In health,
Science AT dreliaz DOT com (changed so no pickup by spambots)

Please Note: All material provided on the Dr. Eliaz website and in the email responses to questions is provided for informational purposes only and does not create a doctor-patient relationship. The information contained on this website reflect general observations based on medical experience and should not be construed as specific medical advice with respect to an individual patient and/or any specific condition. It is advisable that you consult your physician regarding the applicability of any opinions, information, or recommendations provided herein with respect to your individual symptoms or medical condition.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Enlightener

Iggy Dalrymple will become famous soon enough

I may try to mix my own formula.
Quote:
Modified Citrus Pectin (PectaSol®)
Modified Citrus Pectin Powder.
Pectin, a soluble dietary fiber naturally present in citrus fruit, cannot be absorbed by the human digestive tract. However, pectin can be modified to shorten the molecular chain. This process creates smaller polysaccharide fragments that are easily absorbed and utilized in the body. Source Naturals Modified Citrus Pectin is made up of very short chains of molecules of the same molecular weight used in recent scientific studies. The constituents of Modified Citrus Pectin that are believed to be responsible for its beneficial properties are the galactosyl fractions. Their toxin-binding properties in the bloodstream may help promote good health.* 400 grams. $65.25 Code 712.5 http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACentu..._H-Z.html#7125

Sodium Alginate - France -
Extracted from the Kelp type seaweed (Phycophyceae Laminaria) Sodium Alginate is a natural algal polysaccharide. This gelling agent is becoming versatile additive in many food preparation due to its cold gel forming in the presence of calcium. The reaction is very fast requiring very little calcium and irreversible providing a heat stable gel without any previous heating. http://www.lepicerie.com/catalog/pro..._Alginate.html
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

WOW!

I had heard things a while back that made me think that Mike didn't make it!
This is great news. Looking forward to hearing from him!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Lecturer

Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Santa Rosa, CA – March 7, 2008 –A new product made from citrus peel may provide a safe, natural treatment for mercury toxicity and poisoning.

For many years, Dr. Eliaz, M.D., L.Ac., M.S., a Santa Rosa, California physician has been working with a team of researchers to reduce heavy metal toxicity and poisoning caused by mercury, lead and other dangerous toxins.

He based his research on the information that children in the Chernobyl nuclear accident were exposed to radioactive materials with high radioactive reading and were able to lower their reading by 50% with the use of pectin.

Dr. Eliaz realized that if he can create a low molecular weight pectin with low esterfication that can be absorbed into the blood stream, it could possibly be used as an effective and a long term chelator of heavy metals. He also realized that by combining modified citrus pectin with the right alginates he could enhance the process by producing chelation both systemically and in the digestive tract.

After Dr. Eliaz made sure that his experience was backed up by scientific evidence he then created his heavy metal removal formula ; PectaSol Chelation Complex (PCC) (EcoNugenics, Santa Rosa, CA).

The first research project, which was presented at the American Chemical Society meeting in 2004, involved five subjects with measurable mercury levels who were followed for up to 10 months, which showed a significant drop of 70% of mercury levels in their body.

The second study was a National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded study on MCP. It demonstrated that oral administration of MCP resulted in significant increase in the urinary excretion of heavy metals including mercury and lead, without removing the essential minerals.

Dr. Eliaz was the lead author of the study and he collaborated with researchers from both the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the University of California Davis. The study was published in the peer-reviewed medical journal Phytotherapy Research, October 2006.

The third study linked prostate cancer, depression, IBS, adrenal fatigue and allergies to lead and mercury toxicity and showed how MCP alone and/or combined with modified alginates (PCC) improved each health condition and significantly lowered the heavy metal body load. This study was published in Forschende Komplementärmedizin / Research in Complementary Medicine, an international peer-reviewed medical journal in December 2007.

The fourth study, also in collaboration with a USDA pectin lead scientist, was accepted for publication and wil be published later this year. This study focused on children (5-12 years of age) in China who had lead poisoning requiring hospitalization. The results of this most recent study show dramatic reduction in blood lead levels as well as the increase in urinary excretion. The children were able to be released from the hospital within weeks.
http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templat...0767&zoneid=28
Old 03-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Enlightener

evidently, lead poisoning is a problem in china. and since children are the ones that absorb mercury the most, they are the ones that get hit the worst.

What's with China and lead poisoning?
an excerpt:
Quote:
Pollution and lead poisoning are major problems across China. At least 10 percent of Chinese children suffer from lead poisoning due to lead found in paint, food, water and other sources [source: Press Interpreter]. Lead poisoning can cause numerous health problems, including kidney failure and brain damage
Overview of Lead Poisoning in Chinese Children
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.