Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

Old 05-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Reader

Sally B. will become famous soon enough

Have you had you're blood sugar levels tested? Sounds like low blood sugar might be the cause. I hope you figure it out soon! Good luck!

Sally B.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Observer

Tinamnd is on a distinguished road

Are you sure you are suffering from menopause?
If so have you tried Evening Primrose oil or soy pills?
I personally use the Evening Primrose oil I take 2 pills a day 1300 mg each and make sure you are getting enough calcium and vitamin D and if you are low on anything else make sure you are supplementing that by either apill or foods.
A good healthy diet is always important when our bodies are changing.
and lots of water stay hydrated always.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Enlightener

u&iraok will become famous soon enough

Last summer my hot flashes got to be very frequent and kind of bad so my former ND recommended Estrovera from Metagenics. It's kind of expensive and takes a several weeks or longer to work but it's the only thing I tried that really worked after the other stuff I was taking quit working.

ERr 731, a special extract of rhubarb root that has been shown in clinical studies to significantly reduce hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms compared to placebo.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Observer

naturegal is on a distinguished road

I've found exercise and cleaning up my eating habits, dropping sugars (I use stevia now, as pure as I can get it. I also don't find that any herbs or supplements have ever helped me. I keep a fan by me at night, and also, a cooling pad I bought at Walmart in their pharmacy. It only lasts 30 minutes, but once it cools me, I fall asleep and I've been lucky not to wake up from a hotflash.

I really noticed that some of my hotflashes are brought on by stress. I keep my window open all year long for fresh air. I eat a lot of vegies, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds, nut oils (Olive Oil is my main cooking oil). I am looking at some supplements now (herb or otherwise) for tinnitus. I found the thread on that one.

I am not against supplements/herbs, but I feel it's throwing money away if I don't first "clean up my nutrition" and get a little exercise every day. Oh, water, water is a biggie for me because I was never a water drinker. I drink at least two - 16 ounce bottles a day, and usually a bit more, like another bottle.

PS forgot to mention that I also dropped all, white, flour foods, like white pastas, breads (never liked white bread) and stick to the complex carbs.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
Aren't discussion boards wonderful? Free marketing and advertising for "proud" MLM'rs on someone else's dime. What a country.
Yes, and I am starting out my new membership by putting everyone that is trying to sell a product, rather than give any personal experience of their own at having the issue, on "ignore". Here is the the rule that disallows what they are doing:

POSTING/SIGNATURE RULES

Solicitation of products or services by members in this forum is prohibited. All punitive actions taken in these matters are the responsibility of the Management, and will be enforced solely at the discretion of the Administration and their Moderators.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegal View Post
I really noticed that some of my hotflashes are brought on by stress.
Me too. Just the tiniest amount of stress. One good thing about it is that it's somewhat of a remedy for stress in that it keeps you from getting stressed for fear of a hotflash!

Quote:
I keep my window open all year long for fresh air.
This makes a little bit of a difference for me, sleeping with the window open. I sleep better too.

Quote:
I eat a lot of vegies, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds, nut oils (Olive Oil is my main cooking oil). I am looking at some supplements now (herb or otherwise) for tinnitus. I found the thread on that one.

I am not against supplements/herbs, but I feel it's throwing money away if I don't first "clean up my nutrition" and get a little exercise every day. Oh, water, water is a biggie for me because I was never a water drinker. I drink at least two - 16 ounce bottles a day, and usually a bit more, like another bottle.

PS forgot to mention that I also dropped all, white, flour foods, like white pastas, breads (never liked white bread) and stick to the complex carbs.
I wouldn't know if that made a difference for me because I had already been eating well for some years when I got the hot flashes. Let us know if this makes a difference for you.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Enlightener

Someone posted that using essential oils helped them with hot flashes but they've deleted their post, or I can't find it. I hope they didn't delete it for fear that they were promoting a product.

I'd really like to know which essential oils they were.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&iraok View Post
Me too. Just the tiniest amount of stress. One good thing about it is that it's somewhat of a remedy for stress in that it keeps you from getting stressed for fear of a hotflash!

This makes a little bit of a difference for me, sleeping with the window open. I sleep better too.

I wouldn't know if that made a difference for me because I had already been eating well for some years when I got the hot flashes. Let us know if this makes a difference for you.
I've been eating right since about 2013, so not that long, and I did have the hotflashes before. They are wayyyy better. I would say I had one every hour, maybe more, and nightsweats as well. Now I basically don't have them during the daytime. Some in the early a.m. if I have coffee which I am now off of except a cup of decaf. I don't even really want that so probably ditch it altogether.

I do notice if I sit in my recliner for a couple hours, or more in the evening, especially if I didn't get any exercise during the day, I will get a few hotflashes, and when I go to bed it's off and on with the covers while I'm trying to relax and read. I'm wayyy better after a day outdoors. Today I walked 6 miles, and stopped at my gym and did some upper body weights-machines and cables.

I'm hard pressed to pay for a gym membership but it is so beneficial. I may be having more hotflashes because of coming off caffeine too, I don't know.

Even as well as I am doing without ERT (or is it HRT??) Well, you guys will know what I mean, sometimes I will get so frustrated and burst into tears wondering how nice it would be to snuggle up in a blankie and stay that way all evening without having to throw everything off, and back on again

Don't forget those cooling pads, you don't keep these in the freezer. You just use them until they get warm from your bod, then I lie mine on the floor next to the bed, or on the headboard so it will cool again in case I do need it again. Most of the time when I do use it, I fall asleep so quick, I wake up in the a.m. with it still under my back, LOL!! They are not much at Wally World. I'll look at the tag right quick.

Ok, here tis, SMART COOL, gel cooling pad. Mines blue, cost about 10 bucks I think. The gel is naturally cool, sometimes it feels almost a cold as ice, which is wonderful!! LOL I think you could find one online too. Mines the smaller one, about a foot, by a foot and a half. You can get a bigger one too
Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegal View Post
I've been eating right since about 2013, so not that long, and I did have the hotflashes before. They are wayyyy better. I would say I had one every hour, maybe more, and nightsweats as well. Now I basically don't have them during the daytime. Some in the early a.m. if I have coffee which I am now off of except a cup of decaf. I don't even really want that so probably ditch it altogether.
I'm really glad it's working for you. And the exercise.

I had them every hour at one point which was terrible. And it's amazing how different the hot flashes can be. I've had ones that just burn intensely for a short time, ones that last a while but are not intense, ones that cause sweating and ones that don't. The worst are the ones that almost feel like a panic attack coming on.

Hahahaha, love this!

Quote:
Don't forget those cooling pads, you don't keep these in the freezer.
Great idea! I was keeping those blue ice thingies by the bed and putting them on my wrists which really helped but a pad would stay there!

Quote:
Ok, here tis, SMART COOL, gel cooling pad. Mines blue, cost about 10 bucks I think. The gel is naturally cool, sometimes it feels almost a cold as ice, which is wonderful!! LOL I think you could find one online too. Mines the smaller one, about a foot, by a foot and a half. You can get a bigger one too
Thanks. I think I'm about done with my hot flashes but if they get worse I'll look into this. Hopefully it will help others. But I have heard some people have them for life! Wha?
Old 06-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Observer

sigmagoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&iraok View Post
Someone posted that using essential oils helped them with hot flashes but they've deleted their post, or I can't find it. I hope they didn't delete it for fear that they were promoting a product.

I'd really like to know which essential oils they were.
I can help you on that one, I use essential oils. Clary sage helps with hormone balance. It is a phytoestrogen. Ylang ylang also helps to balance out male/female energy. Also get the hormones checked. I use Her Balance Cream, which is a progesterone cream that is used by doctors.

Pepawbear is correct on the cream. I highly recommend reading all of Dr. Lee's books about perimenopause, menopause, and breast cancer. All check out Dr. Christiane Northrup book Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom, which covers the physical and emotional aspects of women's health.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:49 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagoose View Post
I can help you on that one, I use essential oils. Clary sage helps with hormone balance. It is a phytoestrogen. Ylang ylang also helps to balance out male/female energy. Also get the hormones checked. I use Her Balance Cream, which is a progesterone cream that is used by doctors.

Pepawbear is correct on the cream. I highly recommend reading all of Dr. Lee's books about perimenopause, menopause, and breast cancer. All check out Dr. Christiane Northrup book Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom, which covers the physical and emotional aspects of women's health.
I've used Clary Sage. Don't think I noticed a difference but I didn't use it regulary. Haven't tried Ylang Ylang, I'm thinking the reason why was probably the cost.

I've used progesterone cream and that helped, probably second to the Estrovera which is what really worked for me.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:45 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I had most of my hot flashes during menopause years ago, and found pretty good relief for all my symptoms with Red Clover. http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Red_Clover
Old 11-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I had most of my hot flashes during menopause years ago, and found pretty good relief for all my symptoms with Red Clover. http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Red_Clover
I read recently, that so-called hotflashes, or like I call them "outbreaks of sweating" now, that last longer than any hotflash I ever had, could be a symptom of Hiatle Hernia More on that, on my other thread about the Acid Reflux here:

http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...4&goto=newpost
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.