Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

Old 02-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Observer

Angelyca is on a distinguished road

The best ways to ease Fibromyalgia pain are exercises and sleep medication, yet acupuncture appears to be beneficial. Has your wife ever tried herbal medicines like carminative or anodyne herbs?
Old 06-27-2014, 04:20 AM
Guide

revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelyca View Post
The best ways to ease Fibromyalgia pain are exercises and sleep medication, yet acupuncture appears to be beneficial. Has your wife ever tried herbal medicines like carminative or anodyne herbs?
Hi Angelyca,

my wife is taking the following:-

Devils Claw
Grapeseed
Vit D3
Agnus Castus
B5
B12
Ginko

and today more will be added. The above have helped her and she has felt much better. But she is currently in the middle of a bad flare up with toothache like pain in both arms and also lower back. This is now entering day 7 and this is a bad one, she is tired and worn out because of the constant pain and she has not been getting any rest as what little sleep she does get doesn't equate to much. I have ordered 5 HTP today and hope this will help, although I've read it can take 2 weeks to get into the system, which is frustrating if true!

Today she will be adding selenium, magnesium and zinc to her daily regime. I have asked her to see a lady herbalist but she is so out of sorts she refuses! I do what I can but I'm an amateur and would much prefer her to see a professional - but I'll keep on trying to encourage her to see this lady.

If you have any suggestions as to a natural pain killer which works that would be most appreciated! This fibromyalgia is a daily torturer and my heart goes out to all who have to endure its punishing inflictions.

Thanks for responding.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Guide

Well fingers and thumbs coming out of joint, my wife's shoulder has also come out ! Her internal temperature regulator is broken, and when she is feeling cold I am usually warm; even when it feels like a sauna she can feel cold, its quite an adventure living with fibromyalgia. It appears I may also have it !

I'd love to hear from any sufferers who take natural remedies to help them with this debilitating illness.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

I haven't heard about joints coming undone or feeling cold in relation to fibro. Those aren't two of my problems with it. Muscle pain, joint pain, bone pain, sleep disruption, fatigue are generally the difficulties experienced. An excellent chiropractor may well be of help in nerve healing. Dr. Joel D. Wallach (of Youngevity fame) says fibro is caused by mineral deficiency. I also read recently that it's caused by damage done to our bodies by vaccines. I suspect not all fibro is caused by just one thing in everyone, so not one solution. I think we who suffer with it will never be totally OK, but I try to maintain hope. I'm better than I was about six years ago.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH View Post
I haven't heard about joints coming undone or feeling cold in relation to fibro. Those aren't two of my problems with it. Muscle pain, joint pain, bone pain, sleep disruption, fatigue are generally the difficulties experienced. An excellent chiropractor may well be of help in nerve healing. Dr. Joel D. Wallach (of Youngevity fame) says fibro is caused by mineral deficiency. I also read recently that it's caused by damage done to our bodies by vaccines. I suspect not all fibro is caused by just one thing in everyone, so not one solution. I think we who suffer with it will never be totally OK, but I try to maintain hope. I'm better than I was about six years ago.

She has those symptoms too. I have a condition which keeps me awake at night and I often have toast and soup, a minute or so after the bread has been put in the toaster she wakes up and asks for a slice ! Yes she can go through the range of sleepless nights and interrupted sleep, and then have a few good nights. The fatigue is something I too can understand as I suffer with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The finger/joints coming out of joint has been happening for 2 years, often its very painful. I've just started my wife on Green Lipped Muscle Capsules as it has good reviews by people who have arthritis/joint pain.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I've never understood why the symptoms vary from day to day so much AND why some symptoms seem to disappear for awhile, then suddenly return for no apparent reason. Years ago, when I first started chiropractic treatment, my knees were very painful. They were one of the first things that greatly improved, then six months or so ago they started hurting again. Vertigo is another one that disappears for months, then suddenly returns. I sometimes feel like aliens have invaded my body!!!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Guide

It is a nightmare of an illness as each day brings a new chalenge. My wife has IBS & H Pylori, so she has gut issues, which I'm thinking a plant based enzyme is worth trying.

My wife's mum had MS, and we need to get my wife checked for that.

Last year she had a thunderclap headache which required hospital treatment, they did a lumbar puncture which she later regretted having as it took three months to recover from !

And with my illnesses we make quite the couple ! Mr & Mrs Falling Apart
Old 10-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Observer

GreenEyedLady is on a distinguished road
Default Get a juicer!

What helps me when I get a Cluster Headache is making some fruit juice along with an inch sized piece of ginger root will knock it out in no more than 5 minutes plus it has many health benefits!

If I had become a Doctor I would be sending my patients home with a juicer, gift certificate to a Natural foods store, and an exercise ball

Tags
fibromyalgia
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.