Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

She probably meant fibrocystic breasts. Once in a while they will remove a fibrocystic tumor in the breast. They are benign and usually filled with serous fluid, like a balloon. They can be painful with the monthly cycle.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Enlightener

Iggy Dalrymple will become famous soon enough

She said it was in her milk duct and it grew like the dickens when she started HRT. She said that several of her relatives had the fibroid uterine tumors.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Observer

djt is on a distinguished road

OH boy--HRT, even the bio-identical ones are bad business but if she realizes that then that's a step ahead of the game. I wish I could remember where I was just reading that.

My MD--had to hook up because I needed a referral to an endocrinologist--insisted on doing all of the usual checkup tests I've avoided for a few decades, since my naturopaths have other methods of checking, gave me the paperwork for a mammogram which I just tossed, but I saw my records later and he mentioned "abnormal fibrous tissue" in the breasts which he didn't even tell me about. I don't do mammograms, but would do a thermogram if they have one in the area just to see what was going on there. If anything developed that needed to be removed, it will be by black salve, not the knife. But I wouldn't even bother with it unless there was really a problem. On the other hand, if they get scalpel-happy do you suppose they would take a tuck up on each side and surgically reinsert "perky"?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Beloved Mentor

bifrost99 will become famous soon enough
Default On Budwig's protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by djt View Post
Hi, on Budwig, I think her first choice was always fish oil. The seed oil plus quark was for those whose blood readings indicated they weren't processing enough of the fish oil, so the sulphurized protein/oil was used because it made the oil more soluble, and it was easier to absorb.
When I read Budwig's book, "Flax oil as a true aid against arthritis, heart infarction, cancer and other diseases," I got the impression that she saw the value of omega 3s from fish oil but she objected to use of fish oil because of possible contamination by pollutants.

You may want to see my review of the book at Amazon (click here).

Gerry
Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Observer

That's very possible. In fact, I think I have that book on a stack of other unread books. Most of what I've read has been excerpts or summaries of her work. I would think that fish oil was always preferable, and have stats that it results in a 40% reduction in cardiovascular deaths, but I suppose the problem of contamination is always present. I just didn't realize it was such an issue in her day, although she hasn't been gone that many years.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Beloved Mentor

bifrost99 will become famous soon enough

I don't know if it could be related, but I remember reading that a top export of her country, if not the number one export, was flax seed. A commercial slant?

I also thought that fish was not that readily available in her country, but it was just a guess.

Gerry
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Observer

I just recall that she was using oil and when it didn't show up in blood work--I wish I knew what kind of testing she did for that--that she switched to soluble omega 3 sources. From what I've read, flaxseed was almost a staple in many places, used for a kind of bread or something--flax cakes--but the way she bucked the system, particularly the hydrogenated oil business which was huge and went after her tooth and nail, I somehow doubt that her focus was on promoting exports. She seems to have been consumed by science and the discovery of missing components in the blood of cancer patients that gave their blood a yellow-greenish cast. The closest I got to her was an article she wrote for a medical or science journal that may or may not have been carefully translated, but it seemed to be a glimpse into the mind of the scientist.

As for there being or not being fish, I don't know. Fish oil was what she talked about and I assume they could get fish oil imported just like anything else. But who ever truly knows the mind of another person? It would be interesting to get into her head, wouldn't it? If there was an absence of fish and oil, maybe there was a particular omega3 deficiency common going on, but that is also the case now since nothing is added to food and we have to go chasing after it.

Last edited by djt; 11-08-2007 at 01:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Not much to do about fibrous tissue djt. Iodine can get rid of fibrocystic disease, but most fibrous tissue is there to stay. Its not that big a deal, I think. Perhaps an enzyme therapy like serrapeptase might work it down after time, don't know.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Lecturer

Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough

Iggy,

I just found this and thought it might be relevant:

Quote:
Flaxseed, Soy Protein Offer Varying Results in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
by Somlynn Rorie 11/09/2007

TORONTO—Researchers at the University of Toronto continue to investigate the role of flaxseed and soy protein isolate in the treatment of breast cancer (Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 2007; 70.22:1888-96).

Researchers found that flaxseed (FS) reduced breast tumor growth in ovariectomized mice; while soy protein isolate (SPI) stimulated growth. Consequently, combining both SPI and FS resulted in the negation of SPI-induced tumor growth. The effect of SPI, FS and their combination were also examined on mouse bone and uterus to ensure overall safety of breast cancer treatment.

The mice in the study had MCF-7 xeonografts and were fed either a controlled diet or one supplemented with 10 percent FS, 20 percent SPI or a combination of SPI and FS for 25 weeks. Their bones were analyzed for mineral density and biomechanical strength, such as yield load, stiffness and peak load.

The SPI group possessed a higher femur bone mineral density and more strength, while the FS group possessed increased femur stiffness and peak load.

Femur mineral density was not affected in the mice who consumed a combination of SPI and FS; however, the femur size was significantly reduced but the biomechanical parameters increased.

Additionally, uterus weight was significantly increased by the combined SPI and FS diet, while the SPI diet induced an intermediate effect.

Researchers concluded that while these treatments had beneficial effects on bone of postmenopausal cancer, other factors and parameters must be measured to determine the overall safety of FS, SPI and the combination of both as a treatment to breast cancer.
http://www.naturalproductsinsider.co...195852795.html
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.