Observer

jac4315 is on a distinguished road
Default Throat Infection

Wondering if anyone had ideas on how to naturally take care
of a throat infection? I get this about every other year if not
once a year. Normally the doctor puts me on antibiotics if it

will not get better but I am 12 weeks pregnant and see no reason
to go to the doctor for this because I am determined to take no
medications this whole pregnancy. Any suggestions??
Old 01-18-2016, 09:56 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

The first thing that popped into my head is Grapefruit Seed Extract, I use the liquid product shown on this page. Here they list some info and side effects. I really don't know anything about how safe it is for someone who's pregnant. http://appliedhealth.com/benefits-of...-seed-extract/
Old 01-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Observer

jac4315 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
The first thing that popped into my head is Grapefruit Seed Extract, I use the liquid product shown on this page. Here they list some info and side effects. I really don't know anything about how safe it is for someone who's pregnant. http://appliedhealth.com/benefits-of...-seed-extract/
Thank you! I've never hear of this stuff. I can never seem to find much
on throat infection, and I did have my tonsils & adenoids removed several
years ago. It's so miserable right now as I cannot swollen without terrible
pain so drinking & eating is even worse.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Your welcome. It doesn't taste good, but you can mix it with a little orange juice if needed. Some people recommend drinking it through a straw to direct it to the throat and not on the taste buds. I bought mine at the local health store, Natural Grocers/Vitamin Cottage.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:16 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

I would put hydrogen peroxide in your ears and clean them it might be coming from the gestation tube being infected. Second gargle with some colloidal silver probably would not hurt if it was swallowed.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:47 AM
Explorer

Lola1988 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac4315 View Post
Wondering if anyone had ideas on how to naturally take care
of a throat infection? I get this about every other year if not
once a year. Normally the doctor puts me on antibiotics if it
will not get better but I am 12 weeks pregnant and see no reason
to go to the doctor for this because I am determined to take no
medications this whole pregnancy. Any suggestions??
Hi
Try to use this :
1 teacup of Sodium bicarbonate in 1 glass of water. Rinse your throat, twice a day and you will see the results !
Old 09-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Observer

Samika is on a distinguished road

You can do gargles with Sodium bicarbonate and lemon every night before go to sleep for two or three days and also you can use honey and lemon in cold water.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Observer

Valeria is on a distinguished road

Lemon, tea, honey,and lots and lots of those. When you give your immune system vitamin C and all anioxydants honey has, your body would recover much quicker.
Plus, try hot tub or at least have your feet in some hot water for about 10-15 minutes. The areas on your anckles that are corresponding your nose and throat are on your feet.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:17 AM
Observer

Mugdha is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

My suggestion is home remedies are the best best.

Here are some of them.
  1. Garge with slightly hot common salt solution.(atleast 4or 5 times a day)
  2. Massage or squeeze the tonsils inward with your finger.(Thatíll make you feel to vomit but donít give up).Do 2Ė3 times daily.
  3. Applying garlic paste and squeezing the tonsils will have a much better result. Do it once or twice.
  4. Do not eat cold food.Eating too salty or sour will make it worse. Stay hydrated.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:12 PM
Reader

DavyKOTWF is on a distinguished road

OP is long gone I think, but I'll tell my story for others. I too had her exact problems. One day while researching, I read a book called Miraculous Results of High Doses of D3. I tried his protocol, taking 20,000 to 30,000 IU of D3 over a period of time...then backed off to my current 5000 a day. By golly it worked! That was 3 years ago, and I haven't had a cold or those 3 week long sore throats in the past 3 years. A natural vitamin cure!
Most people are deficient in D3. Helps to take K2 along with it, but one should read the book. Author is Bowles. He took up to 50,000 IU for a long time.
One can read a lot of the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Miraculous-Re...rds=vitamin+D3
Old 12-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Observer

Mugdha is on a distinguished road

To prevent "throat infections", you simply want to wash your hands regularly during the day and avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes. Most throat infections are viral in origin and what you want to do is avoid catching circulating viruses. As far as bacterial causes, being up to date on one's vaccination could reduce this somewhat, in addition to avoiding contact with people if you know they have strep throat, which is contagious.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

vaccination??? why stress your body with poisons
Old 12-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF is on a distinguished road

Good advice on washing hands. Perhaps you might read up on vaccinations; I agree with Doug. My last visit to the 'doctor', he tried to push a flu vaccination on me. I quickly said no and he seemed disappointed.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:57 PM
Observer

Shreya_pandey is on a distinguished road
Default My Grandma's remedies

As we say, no one can home cure diseases better than our grandma's. I still remember how she used to treat all my small problems with basic remedies using home ingredients found in the kitchen.

Here are a few of her remedies that I'd love to share with you guys.

Try grandma's sore throat remedy by mixing 1⁄4 teaspoon salt in 1 cup warm water. (Use the hottest water you can comfortably tolerate. Cold gargles are ineffective.) If you have it, add 1 tablespoon of Listerine for germ-killing power. The briny solution helps rinse away and neutralize acids in the throat, relieving the burning sensation and promoting fast healing of irritated mucous membranes. Note: Mix a fresh batch of gargle for every use. Better to waste a bit pouring it out than to leave it in your glass, where it might become contaminated with bacteria. Also, do not swallow the gargle; spit it out. If grandma's recipe doesn't work its magic, opt for sugar-free, menthol-based cough drops -- this doctor explains why.

Sore throat remedy: Lemon and water

Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in 1 cup of water for this home remedy for sore throats; the astringent juice will help shrink swollen throat tissue and create a hostile (acidic) environment for viruses and bacteria. Besides soothing your throat, drinking lemon water every day can also benefit your health big time in these 12 ways.

Sore throat remedy: Ginger, honey, and lemon in water

This sore throat home remedy mixes 1 teaspoon each of powdered ginger and honey, 1⁄2 cup of hot water and the juice of 1⁄2 squeezed lemon. Pour the water over the ginger, then add the lemon juice and honey, and gargle. Honey coats the throat and also has mild antibacterial properties. Here's why you should buy a jar of the trending manuka honey.

Sore throat remedy: Hot sauce and water

The capsicum in hot peppers helps alleviate pain and fights inflammation. Add five shakes of ground cayenne pepper (or a few shakes of hot sauce) to a cup of hot water for sore throat relief. It'll burn, but try this gargle every 15 minutes and see if it helps. In fact, this study reveals that hot peppers could make you live longer!

Please do try these and let me know, how these worked out for you. For any other queries, do ping me, will be happy to help
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.