Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Observer

AntioxidantsDetective is on a distinguished road
Default Question about posts

So I'm wondering why some of my posts require a moderator to approve the post and why it takes so long for it to be approved. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntioxidantsDetective View Post
So I'm wondering why some of my posts require a moderator to approve the post and why it takes so long for it to be approved. Thanks for the help.
Posts from new members that contain links are moderated due to the increasing spam issues on the forum. Many people are joining here to promote their products, services, websites, etc. and just want an avenue to get their links in. When there is an obvious spammer, the post is removed and the member is banned.

Some forums take days to moderate their posts, and I think that with all the activity we have, we're able to approve/disapprove in a timely manner. If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to PM me, thanks.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

Spammers got so bad at our place that we stopped allowing people to register & decided to just remain health library of sorts hahaha
None of us wanted the extra job of having to keep spamming under control. It's sad in a way but the only way we let people become a member is if we know them personally or from another website.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Observer

AntioxidantsDetective is on a distinguished road

Huh, interesting. That definitely makes sense. Takes a few to ruin it for everyone. It's unfortunate that it's come down to that. Even though I have a site of my own, I always like promoting topics on health & nutrition that are NOT associated with my site. I'd rather have a credible reputation as opposed to a spammer.

Thanks for the update!!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

Actually, it's more than a few. We get 10 or so new registrations daily at our place, most being spammers. If I happen to be on, they just get deleted as soon as they sign up.
It's amazing how people think they can go onto any website at the owner's expense and use it to their benefit, whether it's selling products or link clicking for profit. If someone fools me and they decide to ignore the rules, I post their ip and email addy info for the crawlers and search engines to pick up Lol.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Explorer

BlancheYHU is on a distinguished road

There seems to be plenty of spammers out there. The web is a place to get views for products and articles. This is one way people go about it. The real problem is their posts are not a source of useful information.

Sometimes, they get away with this, however the ultimate outcome is they blatanly disseminate false information. This will cause consumers to choose not to follow their website. At least that is what we want.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

I think it is an error to judge that all spammers blatantly distribute false information. There are some very excellent products out there and due to lack of shelf space in stores, a media system that will not support their products this is what they do to try to get the word out. Of course some products are trash and over priced also.

Personally Id rather get spam here than in my snail mailbox. Mostly I ignore it. The very first time I heard about colloidal silver it was in a spam. Imagine that! I actually elect to receive some spam in my mailbox from different companies so I can see what is new. There are companies out there dedicated to doing research and providing cutting edge products
Old 07-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor

Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

If a new member comes here to promote a website or product, it's spamming. I don't really care if the product is good or bad, I simply don't trust a spammer. Also, there are many (free) ways to promote products online, spammers do have better choices.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor

Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
I actually elect to receive some spam in my mailbox from different companies so I can see what is new. There are companies out there dedicated to doing research and providing cutting edge products
Since you choose to receive emails from them, it's not spam.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The very first time I heard about colloidal silver it was in a spam.

Same here... I thought it was the latest version of snake oil, but Sometimes a lump of coal contains a diamond.
Quote:
If a new member comes here to promote a website or product, it's spamming.
...And I agree... new members.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Explorer

BlancheYHU is on a distinguished road

The product that you may find out about from spam is not the point. There are some very good versions of the same product from companies that don't spam. I trust companies that grow by having a good product.

Yes, I know some companies think the web is the perfect place to get important information out. They are right, but just like you need good information, the company needs a good reputation.

Everyone, on this website has some wonderful information. If you had a product a ton of customers would be headed your way. I got into the mix here, because I thought this is the ultimate digital way to learn from the expience of others.

I know that there isn't any marketing of one view, to sell a product. People can write enticing product descriptions, and get it out without using spam.

Last edited by BlancheYHU; 07-20-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-30-2010, 04:33 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

I have the foulest mouth on the board and I damned proud of it! But when it comes to board etiquette, nothing gets me more riled than someone posting this product or that product when they are a new member. After awhile on the board, posting a product (especially if you like a certain brand of vitamin e or fish oil etc) is great and appreciated info. But posting about the new miracle bracelet that reverses aging is not!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.