Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vision & Hearing

Old 08-04-2018, 01:49 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default MSM for macular degeneration

anyone know anything?
Old 08-04-2018, 04:43 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Haven't heard anything about MSM, but did hear awhile back of the benefits of D3 for prevention of macular degeneration. Also, Carnosine in addition to the usual Lutein, etc.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:56 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I have known, for years, that NAC eyedrops can cure cataracts. Then I read that even the tablets can do that. I have a real problem with administering eye drops to me.

Now, I have read where NAC can help macular degeneration. At least it helps prevent it. http://www.life-enhancement.com/maga...vent-eye-aging

Here is an outstanding patent for:
Quote:
The invention is based on the discovery that GSH is important in the treatment of macular degeneration and that by increasing the amount of intracellular GSH in the body, macular degeneration can be effectively treated and even prevented. To this end, the invention provides a method for treating macular degeneration by administration of an effective amount of a GSH enhancing agent to a human in need of such treatment. Preferably, the GSH enhancing agent is a non-toxic water-soluble cysteine derivative, most advantageously N-acetylcysteine, although other such agents may also be used.
https://patents.google.com/patent/EP0819003A1/en

You can get NAC drops and tablets at any of your favorite online supplement vendors

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I'm hesitant to put any drops in my eyes that aren't a simple solution, our sight is so precious I'd hate to lose mine foolishly. Good to know that you can use the pills instead, thanks for all the useful information.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:18 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys. I am searching for my mom and just found something that supposedly stops it. Saffron extract, but I started on MSM capsules until I order the saffron
Old 08-05-2018, 04:43 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Forgot about saffron. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...hlight=saffron
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.