Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

� #1
Old 11-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Observer
lookagain3 is on a distinguished road
Default havent gotten period in about 6 years

I'm 23 years old and I haven't gotten my period since I was 17, it didn't really seem to happen for any apparent reason. I've always liked to run, but I don't exercise more than the average person does. I've never seriously tried to do anything about this, and I'm starting to think that I will never have kids.

I mentioned it once to the doctor and they had nothing to say but that I should take birth control pills. I do know a few people who have gotten acupuncture for this and it solved their problem.

What could cause this to happen, is it probably just a hormonal problem? also is it unhealthy for me to be like this? I'm worried that if I don't get some kind of treatment something bad could eventually happen.
� #2
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to all

Acupuncture would be something to try for Amenorrhea for sure. If it were me, I wouldn't want to take the birth control pills, but would rather use a natural alternative. I don't think it's healthy for you, and it should be resolved.

Castor Oil packs are a natural treatment for this condition. Soak a heavy piece of wool or flannel in castor oil, and place it over the area. Put a heating pad or hot water bottle on top of that, and let it stay in place while the oil warms to work.

In my herb book, they recommend Hyssop, Parsley or Rhubarb for Amenorrhea. You may look into a Wild Yam cream, I believe that will correct the estrogen level. Here's an article that explains more about it...https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...-treatment.htm
� #3
Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

This may be of help to you ...

https://www.natural-fertility-info.co...riod-back.html

'Where mercy, love and pity dwell. there God is dwelling too'

https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
� #4
Old 11-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

I used to have a friend in Russia who didn't have any periods until she was well into her twenties!
Suddenly, it all came right and everything kicked in for want of a better expression.
She later managed to get pregnant and became a mother to a healthy baby boy.
So, don't get despondent about it.
� #5
Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Observer
davids111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookagain3 View Post
I'm 23 years old and I haven't gotten my period since I was 17, it didn't really seem to happen for any apparent reason. I've always liked to run, but I don't exercise more than the average person does. I've never seriously tried to do anything about this, and I'm starting to think that I will never have kids.

I mentioned it once to the doctor and they had nothing to say but that I should take birth control pills. I do know a few people who have gotten acupuncture for this and it solved their problem.

What could cause this to happen, is it probably just a hormonal problem? also is it unhealthy for me to be like this? I'm worried that if I don't get some kind of treatment something bad could eventually happen.
Hi Look,

For what it might be worth to you, I'll offer this observation: Not having an outward sign of a period does not prove you are not ovulating.

It is my belief that when one achieves super health, the monthly menstruation is absorbed, just like it is with [virtually, if not] all [wild] animals. I have read that women who are a long time on a natural raw diet, e.g. the "garden of Eden" diet, often stop externally bleeding, i.e. from their "period."

Just a viewpoint, Look, and I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

David
� #6
Old 05-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Observer
CherylJohnson is on a distinguished road

Try doing exercise and eat healthy food.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.