Old 02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Observer

grant is on a distinguished road
Default colon cancer

I have bee diagnosed with colon cance recently and are choosing not to operate.
I am following a range of treatments.
In AditionI want to try tumeric enema's.
However can' find any info on how much to use or where to buy good tumeric
Does anyone know?

Thank you

Grant
Old 02-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Reader

BigAl will become famous soon enoughBigAl will become famous soon enough

Grant, one important thing about cancer is that a cancer patient should definitely stay away from sugar, alcohol and any thing white like white potatoes or white bread. That is high glycemic foods.
From what I have noticed cancer in a short order can get accustomed to the effects of herbs like maybe tumeric, it depends, but cancer is hard pressed to get accustomed to baking soda.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Observer

H2O is on a distinguished road

I'm not familiar with the use of turmeric as an enema. I am aware of organic coffee as a method of flushing the liver of toxins. How does turmeric compare to the use of coffee?

You may be aware of this already, but just in-case you aren't, I recommend you read "The China Study".
Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Observer

Default colon cancer

Hi Big Al
Thanks for the info.
Yes am not taking white sugar, white flour, alchohol, etc.
I am taking the occasional potato, mixed with other veges, will watch it.
As the Cancer is organic and the herbs are to, then yes, tolerance could built up-ggod point.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Observer

Default colon cancer

Hi Observer
Just googled The Chna Study, interesting.
One thing the author blames the protein in the meat, it is most likely that the kids are eating the cheapest meat they can afford, which in those countries, as in most places is full of injections and other rubbish.

The tumeric is anti inflamatory, this is how it would differe from Coffee.

Grant
Old 02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

You can but fresh turmeric root at better health food stores. Chew on some and swallow, it it is in larger chunks it will partially remain undugested and release some components in your colon. Also, take turmeric extract and Big Al is right, stay away from sugar. The only sugar I would suggest would be to puree some blackberries in a blender and drink that.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Observer

Joebob is on a distinguished road
Smile been there

I was diagnosed 7 years ago with stage III colon cancer. I did have radiation, chemo, & surgery (AKA: Burn, poison, & cut!) My life has been greatly affected by my choices. I applaud your efforts in going the alternative route. I started integrating alternative methods after my surgery. I now do organic coffee enemas once per month. You may need to do more when your are actively killing cancer cells to help detox your liver. I do the Budwig diet (flaxseed oil & cottage cheese every night at bed time). I believe that you must alkalize & oxygenate your cells in order to be cancer free. There is no magic pill. You may want to research Laetrile (apricot seeds unheated and unpasteurized) I think you should do many things to boost your immune system. I also take the following supplements daily to keep my cancer from returning:

Bovine Colostrum
Mushroom Complex
Oxygen drops
Turmeric
Vitamin D3 (4000 IU's per day)
Emergen C
Milk Thistle (liver support)
Acidophilus/Bifidum supplement (flora support)
Multi-Vitimin

I wish you WELL!!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Please also consider IP6, which can be found at most of the online supplement vendors.

Quote:
Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate that is present in substantial amounts in almost all plant and mammalian cells. It was recently recognized to possess multiple biological functions. A striking anticancer effect of IP6 was demonstrated in different experimental models. Inositol is also a natural constituent possessing moderate anticancer activity. The most consistent and best anticancer results were obtained from the combination of IP6 plus inositol. In addition to reducing cell proliferation, IP6 increases differentiation of malignant cells, often resulting in a reversion to normal phenotype. Exogenously administered IP6 is rapidly taken into the cells and dephosphorylated to lower-phosphate inositol phosphates, which further interfere with signal transduction pathways and cell cycle arrest. Enhanced immunity and antioxidant properties can also contribute to tumor cell destruction. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying this anticancer action are not fully understood. Because it is abundantly present in regular diet, efficiently absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, and safe, IP6 holds great promise in our strategies for the prevention and treatment of cancer. IP6 plus inositol enhances the anticancer effect of conventional chemotherapy, controls cancer metastases, and improves the quality of life, as shown in a pilot clinical trial. The data strongly argue for the use of IP6 plus inositol in our strategies for cancer prevention and treatment. However, the effectiveness and safety of IP6 plus inositol at therapeutic doses needs to be determined in phase I and phase II clinical trials in humans.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/11/3778S.full
Cancer tumor cells utilize iron as a primary growth factor. IP6 will chelate iron. It also chelates other minerals to some smaller extent, so be sure to use a mineral without iron supplement while using IP6.

Quote:
Nature's most effective iron-chelating molecule is inositol hexaphosphate (IP6), found naturally in seeds and bran. IP6 is a selective agent against cancer cells. Because cancer cells are high in iron content, IP6 directs most of its attention to abnormal cells. IP6 selectively removes iron from tumors cells, which deprives them of their primary growth factor. IP6 does not remove iron from red blood cells which are tightly bound to hemoglobin. Unlike cancer drugs, healthy cells are not affected with IP6, so IP6 has very low toxicity. [Deliliers GL, British J Haematology 117: 577—87, 2002]

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi39.html
For an abundance of information on IP6, check out this page. http://www.naturalnews.com/IP6.html

Regarding alkalizing the body, I'm not for that with the exception of a couple of times per day when there is a need, such as cancer. The Budwig diet is a good one to consider, but remember that many pathogens can be made worse in an alkaline environment. You need to keep your friendly bacteria thriving in the intestines. These probiotics are 80% of your immune system. One of their primary functions is to produce acid, which is a normal part of their cycle, particularly lactic acid. That keeps bad pathogens, such as Candida Albicans, under control. Stomach acid does as well, and is the body's first line of defense. Continual alkalization will defeat this process.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
I was diagnosed 7 years ago with stage III colon cancer. I did have radiation, chemo, & surgery (AKA: Burn, poison, & cut!) My life has been greatly affected by my choices. I applaud your efforts in going the alternative route. I started integrating alternative methods after my surgery.
Hello Joebob, welcome to the forum! I'm so happy to hear that you've succeeded with natural foods and supplements to control your cancer. Best wishes for good health, and thanks for sharing with us.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Taking tumeric with raw virgin coconut oil will facilitate its effectiveness.
This page will tell you where to get turmeric (curcumin)
http://www.healthsalon.org/504/prota...e-aging-clock/
Old 05-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Explorer

Drack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
I was diagnosed 7 years ago with stage III colon cancer. I did have radiation, chemo, & surgery (AKA: Burn, poison, & cut!)
I'm curious about this comment. Do you regret getting the cancer treatment you did? Because it seems like it saved your life, so I'm wondering why you'd regret such a thing.

Tags
colon cancer
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.