Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Reader

4Peanuts is on a distinguished road
Default Question for the pro's.....too much Vit. K.

Since my recent IV Chelations and UBI Therapies, the IV's kept clotting up and blocked and they had to keep doing 'flushes' so I had them give me a Vitamin K blood test.

The range is 80 to 1160. Mine is at 2152.
I have asked numerous doctors/people how to reduce a fat soluble vitamin K and no one seems to know. Any thoughts?????
Old 02-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like you could possibly have reduced kidney function brought on by the heavy metal chelation. Sometimes Vitamin K is used in the chelation process but Vit K levels should have gone down by now. If you still have high K level you need to have your kidney function tested by a doctor as high vitamin K levels can also cause blood clots as well as damage to the kidneys.

Quote:
The kidneys rid the body of waste products in blood. They are the primary filters for sifting out unused by-products of the foods you eat and the vitamins you ingest, and this waste is combined with extra water to make urine, which is discarded from the body. If the kidneys are not functioning properly and cannot process high levels of vitamin K, it may be retained and cause K toxicity. This can lead to kidney damage, especially to the cells lining the urinary tubes. These cells can degenerate, clog the tubes and cause serious damage.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverock View Post
If you still have high K level you need to have your kidney function tested by a doctor as high vitamin K levels can also cause blood clots as well as damage to the kidneys.
I'm not sure u know about accuracy on doctor's blood tests. For example: Whey they test your thyroid, they should have a 3-part test (forget the names). Instead when they test your thyroid, they only do one part and the results are not accurate. When they 'test' for your liver, they can 'test' for 'functioning' but they cannot 'test' for toxicity.
They 'test' my urine everytime I have a IV Chelation and they tell me it is 'just fine' but I can tell u for a fact...as much damaged the Splenda did to my internal organs, I know for a fact my 'KIDNEY'S' aren't 'just fine'....JUST LIKE MY LIVER FEELS SO SICK (the liver functioning test says my liver is "JUST FINE".) and it isn't a 'good feeling'. That is a 'red-flag' to me telling me my liver and kidneys much be so so weak....even though the 'test' is saying EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE.

So I guess my question would be.....What kind of 'kidney functioning' tests are out there and would it be anything like the 'gall-bladder' functioning test where they inject you with nuclear shit? (They made me take 7 nuclear gall-bladder 'functioning' test. ) I wonder if my Uranium Heavy Metal came from since I am high with Heavy Metals (which I'm sure everyone knows my life story by now) (Even the 'gall-bladder functioning tests do not tell the doctors if it is 'damaged'.) I'm just mad at the FDA and the doctors for being so NAIVE!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

The urine test after chelation probably just measures the heavy metals and has nothing to do with vitamin K blood levels. You should ask them to do another vitamin K blood test to find out what your blood levels are now. If they are still off the scale then then you need your kidney function checking.

The kidney test is a routine standard blood test.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Bloo...y-Function.htm

If your liver and gall bladder are in bad shape then your probably trying to eliminate most of the heavy metals through the kidneys which would put an increased load on them. The liver is the usual route for most of the heavy metal elinination.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Reader

Quote:
The urine test after chelation probably just measures the heavy metals and has nothing to do with vitamin K blood levels. You should ask them to do another vitamin K blood test to find out what your blood levels are now. If they are still off the scale then then you need your kidney function checking.

The kidney test is a routine standard blood test.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Bloo...y-Function.htm

If your liver and gall bladder are in bad shape then your probably trying to eliminate most of the heavy metals through the kidneys which would put an increased load on them. The liver is the usual route for most of the heavy metal elinination.
Not to argue but to let u know, the urine test before the IV's are not for Heavy Metal.....I have to do a 6 hour urine test and send them out to Doctor's Data for that....I'm not sure what the urine test is for...I guess I'm going to have to ask.
The Doctor's Data does a Creatin test. Mine is within the guidelines.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

How much omega 3 and carnitine are you taking or getting in your diet. (oily fish grass fed meats +supplements fish oil/carnitine)

Both these have an effect on the anti coagulation potential of blood?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Peanuts View Post
Not to argue but to let u know, the urine test before the IV's are not for Heavy Metal.....I have to do a 6 hour urine test and send them out to Doctor's Data for that....I'm not sure what the urine test is for...I guess I'm going to have to ask.
The Doctor's Data does a Creatin test. Mine is within the guidelines.
If your happy with their kidney function test then all you have to worry about is whether you still have a very high Vitamin K level. If it was me I would want a Vitamin K test.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

perhaps you would benefit by taking chlorella with your chelation therapy. Chlorella will bind heavy metals that the liver may dump into the intestines and keep them from being reabsorbed into the blood and hence eliminated via the stool.

A nattokinase supplement would be benficial to thin the blood.
also fish oils

also drink more water during such detox
Old 02-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Reader

Default Very good!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Hutchinson View Post
How much omega 3 and carnitine are you taking or getting in your diet. (oily fish grass fed meats +supplements fish oil/carnitine)

Both these have an effect on the anti coagulation potential of blood?
The natural doctor told me to take omega 3 but never said anything about the carnitine. I've been told (so please correct me if I am wrong)..(which is often! ha!) that you can throw your amino acids off balance and it has more or less the effect of having your minerals off balance.

P.S. With the omega 3's....Dr. Oz was on a couple of weeks ago and stated if you don't have cuticles on your fingernails you definitely need Omega 3's. Guess what???? I have NO cuticles on my fingernails!!!!
Very smart Ted!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Reader

Quote:
If your happy with their kidney function test then all you have to worry about is whether you still have a very high Vitamin K level. If it was me I would want a Vitamin K test.
I do have a hard time communicating with my words correctly. I guess I need to clarify that before each IV treatment they test my urine...(I don't know for what) but for the Heavy Metal test I have a 6-hour urine test that they send to doctor's data every 10th treatment.

I did have a Vit. K and showed it to my family physician and he told me he knows nothing on what to do about my unusually high range.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Reader

Default Stars for u and Ted!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post

perhaps you would benefit by taking chlorella with your chelation therapy. Chlorella will bind heavy metals that the liver may dump into the intestines and keep them from being reabsorbed into the blood and hence eliminated via the stool.

A nattokinase supplement would be benficial to thin the blood.
also fish oils

also drink more water during such detox
I do take Dr. Schultz's Superfood every day (includes chlorella, spirulina, spinach....etc....so I called the company and asked how much Vit. K is in their formula cause I was thinking I was maybe getting it from their product. They called me back and told me it was only 25% of the RDA...but get this....It does not state any Vitamin K on the bottle itself....
I wonder how many company's ingredient labeling is correct. Also,
I've heard chlorella and spirulina is a heavy metal detoxer but I've been taking it for almost a year but this last 10 treatments (2 months) barely budged in any Heavy Metal leaving my body.
I do take nattokinase but have been out for over a month...can't afford anything right now...will get some soon. Thanks for such good advice people!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The natural doctor told me to take omega 3 but never said anything about the carnitine. I've been told (so please correct me if I am wrong)..(which is often! ha!) that you can throw your amino acids off balance and it has more or less the effect of having your minerals off balance.
If you are eating meat there shouldn't be any problem with carnitine but if you don't eat meat it may be a good idea to boost your carnitine with supplements.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I do take nattokinase but have been out for over a month...can't afford anything right now...will get some soon. Thanks for such good advice people!!!!!
I probably don't need to warn you, but be sure to read the label that vitamin K has been removed. "Doctor's Best" does this.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

My understanding is that chlorella does not get the heavy metals out of the cells very well. It picks it up in the gut when the liver releases it there and carries it out of the body so it takes something else to get it out of the cells and intracellular spaces
Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Reader

Default Just asking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
I probably don't need to warn you, but be sure to read the label that vitamin K has been removed. "Doctor's Best" does this.
What products does 'Doctor's Best' remove Vit. K from???
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.