Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Thrift & Financial

Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Lecturer

Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about
Default A few uses for hydrogen peroxide.

A few uses for hydrogen peroxide.

Take one capful (the little white cap that comes; with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

For fungus on feet spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.

Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.

If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the Peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.

Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

Use peroxide to clean mirrors. There is no smearing.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

Very good post!!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

A couple of informative sites on H202 I had in my files.

The Many Benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy | Venus Project - A 501(c)(3) Organization

and:

Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Another great use for H202 is for ear pain and ear infection.

Fill the ear canal with regular 3% hydrogen peroxide while laying on your side. Let it bubble until it cannot bubble anymore. Repeat to just make sure all the bubbling capacity is gone. Repeat up to 3 times a day if necessary. Do both ears just for good measure. It will keep them clean and disease free. Even small children don't mind this once they get use to it.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Reader

bbmartin is on a distinguished road

Great tip, thank you! I also use hydrogen peroxide to get blood stains out of clothes (works fantastic especially on a fresh stain) and I use it as a mouth rinse and gargle. I brush my teeth with baking soda a couple of times a week to keep them bright and the peroxide helps that too.

I've heard of many great personal and household uses for hydrogen peroxide, it's effective and non-toxic so it's good for your health and the environment too.

Cheers,
BB
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Observer

Sonia is on a distinguished road

I've gotten rid of all store bought products including the green friendly kind and now ONLY use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning.

It's holds a host of positive properties including being:
~ anti-bacterial/anti-viral
~ non-toxic not only for people but also pets
~ it's convenient to buy in stores
~ very inexpensive
~ lasts a very long time as only a little does a whole lot
~ it has no overpowering lingering odor.

The best part is you can use it for ALL your cleaning needs from cleaning walls, floors, light switch plates, stubborn mildew in the shower and toilet.

Again its non-toxic ... you can rest assure it's safe to use ... even to wash your dishes.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Enlightener

u&iraok will become famous soon enough

I like it for soaking vegetables, too. Some people use it for a detox, kind of like MMS:

http://healingtools.tripod.com/H2O2.html
Old 06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Observer

SkyBlue is on a distinguished road

My cat recently had mange. I had no idea what mange was so I researched it and it is caused by tiny parasites that get into the skin. I then researched a remedy and found this one:

1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide
2 cups of warm water
1 tablespoon of borax

Mix it and sponge over the animal. Amazingly, my somewhat wild cat loved it and it must have felt soothing to her because she instantly relaxed when she felt the liquid on her sores. After a few more applications, the mange was gone because she was no longer itching.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Reader

These are great posts about some of the uses of hydrogen peroxide! I'm just starting to use it more and more, especially for cleaning. I think it's important to become educated about it and then try it ourselves in order to break the well-worn habit of buying and using toxic (and expensive!) commercial products.

Here's a website I just found that I'm going to explore: http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/

Cheers,
BB
Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Lecturer

Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

Cool site! The Elephant toothpaste looks like fun.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Reader

RCannon is on a distinguished road

Good ideas! Wonder about in ears for cat with itchy ears, probably ear mites? Don't see why not if you don't mind some scratches!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Reader

Hi,

I didn't think hydrogen peroxide would handle cat ear mites, but I didn't know for sure. so looked it up. Apparently not!

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/ear_mites.html

http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/cata...infections.htm

My cat was scratching his ear and shaking his head awhile ago. I peeked in the ear and it was darker than the one he wasn't scratching. I got some mite drops at Petco and followed the instructions - he's not shaking his head and scratching anymore

I did put some hydrogen peroxide on a bug bite I got the other day and it soothed the itching!

Cheers,
BB
Old 06-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Observer

SkyBlue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCannon View Post
Good ideas! Wonder about in ears for cat with itchy ears, probably ear mites? Don't see why not if you don't mind some scratches!
I don't know about peroxide for ear mites. What I used for mites in my cat's ears was a few drops of yellow dock extract mixed with canola oil. After about six applications in each ear, she no longer was itching and scratching.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Enlightener

scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough

does hydrogen peroxide really remove pesticides? if so, how?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Reader

Default Hydrogen peroxide therapy

Hi scorpiotiger,

I was interested in your question and found this:

"The second effect of hydrogen peroxide is that it provides singlet oxygen, which, in turn, transforms biological waste products and industrial toxins into inert substances by oxidizing them." Pesticides are certainly industrial toxins!

The whole article is at http://www.medical-library.net/hydro...e_therapy.html - very interesting and in plain English. This article also mentions ozone, which I've seen discussed here at the forum too.

Cheers,
BB

Tags
h202, hydrogen peroxide
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.