Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

If you are Hell-Bent on taking antibiotics, then at least take vitamin C as well. Research liposomal vitamin C on what it does and also how to make it. There are some youtube videos that explain this, right down to proper ratio. This is cheap to do although it requires an ultrasonic cleaner (not all that expensive) and perhaps $10 worth of supplements. ( it is important to not use GMO supplements)

By using this liposomal vitamin C, you can take high doses without getting the runs, and trust me... whether your problem is viral, bacterial, or fungal, large doses of this form of vitamin C is what you need.

When you have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain..
Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Reader

HarryCrumb is on a distinguished road

poor forum looks like it has about died. I've decided to try something new,probably won't do any good, but that ciprofloxacin is just making me hurt worse now, bothering my joints, am not taking any more of that junk as of today, orally that is. But I figure why not take a pill and stick it in my hot water enema bottle and see what it does, so for the remainder of medication I'm taking a small bit of pill letting it melt in the hot water enema bottle and see if it will do anything for the anal pain.will try this for 5 days and after it fails the rest of the ciprofloxacin is going in the trash or down the toilet.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Reader

Default Antibiotcs can make bacterial infections worse

I recently, as of about 10 minutes ago, found something out I was not aware of medically wise, but had a feeling that this could be true, but have never seen this medically stated until now.

Many prostatitis sufferers complain to doctors of an antibiotic making prostatitis worse. Then of course the doctor will fire back with " it's not an infection then because antibiotics do not make infections worse".

Now we all know antibiotics can make a fungal infection work, but
I recently found out the following, prolonged used of antibiotics may promote the over growth of nonsusceptible organisms. In other words if you have an bacterial infection and that antibiotic you are taking can not kill that organism it may may it worse, your symptoms may go through the roof. maybe this could explain why some patients report relief of anal pain and erections coming back while taking one antibiotic and another making the anal pain worse etc. evidence below

http://cipto.medianewsonline.com/ant...ofloxacin.html

http://www.rxlist.com/azactam-inject...recautions.htm

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archiveid=16782

Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Observer

kindlefin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4days View Post
Hi Kindlefin,

My prostate fluid bacteria test showed also E.Coli and Enterococcus like you. Not Chlamydia though, but I don't think they did the fluorescent test that you described. Would it not show otherwise?

Anyway, I'm curious how you ended up taking those 2 antibiotics together. Was it by the doctor's request? Also can you describe the dosages and how well it worked?

Thanks.
Hi Hope4days, sorry for the late response.

If you had a culture test it would not show Chlamydia, it is very difficult to culture. If it was a PCR test then you have a chance especially if it is prostatic fluid(not semen)but there is a good chance it will not show since it is an intracellular organism and will be only detected once outside the cell.

I can tell you one thing, that if you read european forums, where people have free health care and can go do the testing as much as they want, in most cases they do find Chlamydia after few tries. I have read anecdotal stories that people drink a shot of Cognac and do the test next day since alcohol weakens your immune system.

On the other hand, Dr. Toth finds Chlamydia in everyone almost, he says it weakens your prostate and then allows E.Coli and other pathogens to get in. Only few unlucky people like us seem to have the chronic condition. Did you have ear infections when you were young or premature birth? Then you might have gotten it from your parents. Do you have hemorrhoids, if so that would explain how E.Coli got through the intestines.

My theory right now that he is right it is bacterial but this is only due to your week immune system. Do not go for prostate injections. I think the right way is to kill it with antibiotics but you have to change your diet as well, otherwise it will not work. Start reading this site and buy the book - PerfectHealthdiet.com. The author is the astrophysicist, who started having chronic infections and was able to resolve them with proper diet and antibiotics. You can go to Q/A section and ask any questions as well. Basically after you eliminate grains for 3 months and eat right fats, you can start your antibiotic regime. Listen to this also, http://chriskresser.com/episode-15-d...epression-more.

Now regarding my condition, I went to two different Urologists, that is how I was able to get Azythromycin and Levaquin, but I did receive a go ahead from the doctor to take both. Azythromycin has a very long half life, so you only need it twice a week, so it is not everyday.

I just went to my regular Urologist and my PCR test was clean. He obviously did not want to see me anymore or do any other test, I know it is sad in this health care system. I did not go again to Dr. Toth for retesting since he is cash and I am sort of afraid that he will find it again .

My symptoms are gone, except for tension after ejaculation. Is something still there, maybe. Is it just tensed muscles due to prior infection, maybe as well.

My next step is to go for physical therapy and see if that resolves it 100%.

I am just wondering, who here also has Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Acid Reflux, Lyme disease or even Rosacea? Some of these are usually present in people with compromised immune systems.
Who was binge drinking for few years?

Hope4days, do you have any of the above?
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlefin View Post
Hi Hope4days, sorry for the late response.

If you had a culture test it would not show Chlamydia, it is very difficult to culture. If it was a PCR test then you have a chance especially if it is prostatic fluid(not semen)but there is a good chance it will not show since it is an intracellular organism and will be only detected once outside the cell.

I can tell you one thing, that if you read european forums, where people have free health care and can go do the testing as much as they want, in most cases they do find Chlamydia after few tries. I have read anecdotal stories that people drink a shot of Cognac and do the test next day since alcohol weakens your immune system.

On the other hand, Dr. Toth finds Chlamydia in everyone almost, he says it weakens your prostate and then allows E.Coli and other pathogens to get in. Only few unlucky people like us seem to have the chronic condition. Did you have ear infections when you were young or premature birth? Then you might have gotten it from your parents. Do you have hemorrhoids, if so that would explain how E.Coli got through the intestines.

My theory right now that he is right it is bacterial but this is only due to your week immune system. Do not go for prostate injections. I think the right way is to kill it with antibiotics but you have to change your diet as well, otherwise it will not work. Start reading this site and buy the book - PerfectHealthdiet.com. The author is the astrophysicist, who started having chronic infections and was able to resolve them with proper diet and antibiotics. You can go to Q/A section and ask any questions as well. Basically after you eliminate grains for 3 months and eat right fats, you can start your antibiotic regime. Listen to this also, http://chriskresser.com/episode-15-d...epression-more.

Now regarding my condition, I went to two different Urologists, that is how I was able to get Azythromycin and Levaquin, but I did receive a go ahead from the doctor to take both. Azythromycin has a very long half life, so you only need it twice a week, so it is not everyday.

I just went to my regular Urologist and my PCR test was clean. He obviously did not want to see me anymore or do any other test, I know it is sad in this health care system. I did not go again to Dr. Toth for retesting since he is cash and I am sort of afraid that he will find it again .

My symptoms are gone, except for tension after ejaculation. Is something still there, maybe. Is it just tensed muscles due to prior infection, maybe as well.

My next step is to go for physical therapy and see if that resolves it 100%.

I am just wondering, who here also has Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Acid Reflux, Lyme disease or even Rosacea? Some of these are usually present in people with compromised immune systems.
Who was binge drinking for few years?

Hope4days, do you have any of the above?
I had ear infections as a kid, k - 3rd grade....
I'm 33 yrs old and I've had Psoriasis very small patches on fingers of both hands since the age of 20. Also have had acid reflux since the age of about 24. yeah I can tell I do have a compromised immune system,especially back in my younger years, strange story, at the age of 18 out of high school I started working out to lose weight I used to lift lite weights 3 hrs every other day and do cardio for a couple of hours. later in my 20s I started getting constant sore throats and colds from exercising, to the point of only being able to lift weights 30 minutes anymore exercise than this and it was like my body could hardly recuperate from exercise, this was very strange for the simple fact a few years earlier my body was handling all of this exercise fine and now it just wore me out and i couldn't recuperate from it. and I would end up with a sore throat and a cold. It was at the same age the Psoriasis started.

Also in my early 20s I took diet pills and would always end up with an ecoli bladder infection from taking them. what is interesting is I would have stabbing pelvic pain with these bladder infections. the lady doctor thought I was nuts when I told her a diet pill was causing these bladder infections, but the proof was in the pudding as my urine would always come back for ecoli. The drug of choice was always bactrim she always prescribed bactrim, ive taken so much bactrim that once upon a time I wasn't allergic, but the more I took the more my body became allergic to it, I can't touch bactrim at all now.

Also twin lab diet fuel which was a diet pill locked me up where I could not urinate, also diet soda makes me unable to urinate, I have bladder spasms from tea, I had a helluva allergic reaction to contrast die, a urologist wanted me to do a cystoscopy which I do need to do but I'm afraid something would go wrong with my bad luck. As a small child I suffered from constant ecoli bladder infections at the ages 5 - 10 yrs old and was always on amoxicillin for 7 days. I had a cousin who also suffered from ecoli bladder infections around the same age, female cousin on fathers side of family. I have a male cousin on mothers side of family who suffered from some type of a dermatitis, as a child his skin was so dry he was given the nickname "alligator" because his skin resembled alligator patches.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Observer

its me!! IWBT is on a distinguished road

I have come to find that for the most part my problem stems from a severe case of IBS you guys should check this out
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Guide

larryberry is on a distinguished road

IWBT I feel mine is also more to do with my bowels. I think there is inflammation in there that is effecting close by stuff like the bladder and prostate. I have been on this healing diet now for about 7 months and I have been detoxing very rapidly through my guts. I have the shits pretty much every day and it often feels like burning in my guts (inflammation?) I think I'm progressing towards health and basically my guts are taking the main route for my detoxification. I know I had a horrible diet for most my life and now that I know what I know about nutrition I am surprised it took this long for things to start really giving me trouble. I am on a high fat diet with a combination of vitamins and supplements. It's particular good fats that I can eat, good protein and low carbs. I think it's working but I am getting a lot of healing reactions which sometimes suck.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Explorer

Johny1 is on a distinguished road

I read in several reports that prostatitis symptoms tend to subside after 1 year in 35 % of adults - 25 % of which report no further pain.
Pain lasting for 2 years is seen in 30 % of adults, though the majority of them reporting improvements with relapses meaning the pain is not constant ( every day ) but tends to fluctuate over months.
The most unlucky group is the chronic pain group that has prostatitis for more than 2 years. Unfortunatelly this group has more complicated issues connected with their prostatitis - ED, painful urination, two or more strains of bacteria in EPS.
Some reports tend to report the connection of prostatitis to 4x bigger chance of the individual to have prostate cancer later in life....Something other studies tend to reject.

The question is: are antibiotics helping us or not ?
What novel ways do we expect to battle prostatitis other than ATB ?
Is silver the answer ?
Or do we just wait for several years, doing everything we can and see what happens ?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Guide

larryberry is on a distinguished road

Nutrition might be the answer
Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny1 View Post
I read in several reports that prostatitis symptoms tend to subside after 1 year in 35 % of adults - 25 % of which report no further pain.
Pain lasting for 2 years is seen in 30 % of adults, though the majority of them reporting improvements with relapses meaning the pain is not constant ( every day ) but tends to fluctuate over months.
The most unlucky group is the chronic pain group that has prostatitis for more than 2 years. Unfortunatelly this group has more complicated issues connected with their prostatitis - ED, painful urination, two or more strains of bacteria in EPS.
Some reports tend to report the connection of prostatitis to 4x bigger chance of the individual to have prostate cancer later in life....Something other studies tend to reject.

The question is: are antibiotics helping us or not ?
What novel ways do we expect to battle prostatitis other than ATB ?
Is silver the answer ?
Or do we just wait for several years, doing everything we can and see what happens ?
I saw a post on another site, a guy claimed he suffered for 12 months with chronic prostatitis and one day he awoke and all of his symptoms were gone. he said he lived life like there was no tomorrow and how glad he was that he had his life given back to him. that is until murphy's law stepped in " anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

he got prostatitis again a couple of years later, last i heard the 2nd go around never went away and he had been battling it 5 years with no let up.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofus View Post
IWBT I feel mine is also more to do with my bowels. I think there is inflammation in there that is effecting close by stuff like the bladder and prostate. I have been on this healing diet now for about 7 months and I have been detoxing very rapidly through my guts. I have the shits pretty much every day and it often feels like burning in my guts (inflammation?) I think I'm progressing towards health and basically my guts are taking the main route for my detoxification. I know I had a horrible diet for most my life and now that I know what I know about nutrition I am surprised it took this long for things to start really giving me trouble. I am on a high fat diet with a combination of vitamins and supplements. It's particular good fats that I can eat, good protein and low carbs. I think it's working but I am getting a lot of healing reactions which sometimes suck.
At jofus have you tried an enema ? you can by an enema bulb for about $10 online and fill it with hot water and use it. some people actually put stuff in the enema like coffee and yogurt for whatever reason. enema will clean you out good. also try buying some probiotics to help you with your gut. just make sure to take with a meal. i took them on empty stomach before and they gave me the shits. last thing you need is more shits man. if all else fails and you continue with the diarrhea, find a doctor and make him check your feces for bacteria to rule out clostridium difficile ( c. difficile) C. difficile cause inflammatory bowel disease, which equals stomach pain and diarrhea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostridium_difficile
Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Reader

Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Explorer

Johny1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCrumb View Post
I saw a post on another site, a guy claimed he suffered for 12 months with chronic prostatitis and one day he awoke and all of his symptoms were gone. he said he lived life like there was no tomorrow and how glad he was that he had his life given back to him. that is until murphy's law stepped in " anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

he got prostatitis again a couple of years later, last i heard the 2nd go around never went away and he had been battling it 5 years with no let up.
Well, on a personal note Harry Crumb...u see any progress in your case ?
Still on ATBs ? Do u find them useful ?

Why not give Silver water a try...It might give relief together with Cernilton.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny1 View Post
Well, on a personal note Harry Crumb...u see any progress in your case ?
Still on ATBs ? Do u find them useful ?

Why not give Silver water a try...It might give relief together with Cernilton.
It seemed like the first couple of days cipro helped a little, or it may have kind of been in my mind wanting it to work more than anything. But after a few days it started making my symptoms worse, I think I stayed on it 30 days, then was glad to just be off of it, it made my back pain go through the roof.

I've decided from this point on that I won't ever take an antibiotic I have already taken. Most of the time I just sleep, when I wake up I go to use the rest room, shower, get food, something drink, then usually straight back to sleep again, that sums up my day. I'm so wore out I sleep more than anything else. Thought I'd check the prostatitis story forum before I go back to bed.

I've come to like this forum a little more than I used to, at least here you can give your opinion and try to help each other out, on Dr Krongrads forum he is trying to kick me off of it because I suggested to another guy that he could try aspirin for muscle pain.

Other than that, I'm still slowly getting worse.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default How to diagnose and treat fungal infections in chronic prostatitis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16930504

How to diagnose and treat fungal infections in chronic prostatitis.

Wise GJ, Shteynshlyuger A.
Source

Division of Urology, Maimonides Medical Center, 48-02 10th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA. gwise@maimonidesmed.org

Abstract

Epidemiologic changes that include immune-compromised patients and drug-resistant fungi have caused an increase in nosocomial infections by Candida albicans and non-albicans Candida species. Other fungi, aspergilla and Cryptococcus (environmental contaminants), are opportunistic invaders of the immune-compromised (transplant, HIV) patients. The environmental fungi Coccidioides immitis (dry arid areas), Histoplasma capsulatum (Avian-infested areas), and Blastomyces dermatitidis (aquatic areas) can cause infections in immune-competent and immune-deficient patients.

Each fungus can cause changes in the prostate that mimic bacterial infection, benign prostatic hypertrophy, or neoplasm. Diagnosis can be established by urine cultures or needle biopsy of the prostate. Prostate surgery for carcinoma or benign enlargement may detect latent fungal infection. Different fungal species can have divergent clinical manifestations and require different treatment. In some cases, asymptomatic localized fungal prostatitis can be cured by removal of the infected gland. Symptomatic and disseminated infection may require prostatectomy and systemic antifungal therapy.

Tags
discharge, massage, pain, prostatitis, rectum, testicles, urethra
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.