Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 12-23-2017, 09:07 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough
Default Just Curious What Everyone Had for Breakfast

...more as a learning thing - some might pick up some good tips/habits.

I'll start it off. First, tried to earn my breakfast with 100 jumping jacks, 50 squats, 50 military presses, doing the bridge, the MacKenzie back exercises...then it was time for food!

A smoothie with 2 bananas, green drink mixed in, soy protein mixed in, 1 tbsp. flaxseed, 1 tbsp. chia seed, 2 tsp extr virgin coconut oil, 100mg niacin, a good multi, 300mg Magnesium, 1/4 tsp Pot. Citrate, a rose hip/camu camu Vita. C 120mg, Solgar Vit. E 200iu, Vit. K2,K1,K7 400, Qunol 100mg CoQ10. That was my drink.

Then my other food was a salad with red lettuce, spinach, sunflower seeds, small carrot, half tomato, cod liver oil 1 tbsp, a little Ranch dressing with teaspoon squeezed fresh lemon.

All was about 600 calories.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:18 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

You eat much more healthier than I do Davy. I'm not one to eat breakfast, never was. When I was working I ate a banana before work and always had a cup of coffee at home. Now I usually have one of these with my morning coffee. I do take supplements almost every day, but not usually in the mornings.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Reader

That Aussie bite looks healthy and delicious KindCreatues!
Funny, just a year ago, my typical breakfast was 4 pieces bacon, 3 eggs, 3 pieces store bought so called wheat toast with lots of butter. Now, my 1st post breakfast seems so normal. If only I could choke down a fresh clove of garlic also. Wheweee, that stuff is potent and bitter!

JFH? PinBallWizardSuperman? Anyone else?
Old 12-23-2017, 09:48 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I really haven't been sick with a cold or the flu in many years now (since I stopped taking the flu shot ). But I remember once when I felt a cold coming on, smashing a clove of garlic with a butter knife and eating it raw. Did that a couple of times a day and I think it really helped ward off that cold.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Reader

Have done that too and it worked. Glad you mentioned it.
Okay, I'll come clean, I forgot to include that I have a half cup coffee in the morning too...but throw the coconut oil in there also.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:14 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

I was putting coconut oil in my coffee for awhile, and then I got lazy about it. I take a spoonful sometimes by itself, but I need to do that every day. I'm concerned about getting Alzheimer's/dementia, since there's been some in my family.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:40 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I rarely have breakfast. I call it Intermittent fasting. I'll have coffee or tea, nothing added. I'll have lunch around 11:30 am.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Reader

Dang, we found out JF has only coffee for breakfast. Must be one of those two meals a day eaters. I've heard that's a pretty good way to go, if you can do it. John Rose eats only 2 meals a day also. The Warrior Diet people, snack a little then BAM, have one big meal in the evening.
Curious to know your typical lunch then JF.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:20 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyKOTWF View Post
The Warrior Diet people, snack a little then BAM, have one big meal in the evening.
Curious to know your typical lunch then JF.
I have a friend who works as an engineer at Dell Computers. Actually, I know his wife better. But we do go out to dinner occasionally. He is in his early 30s. She in her 50s. He always eats nearly a double portion of everything. He says he eats nothing at work but a vending machine snack. Too involved in research I guess. He does not eat breakfast either. Doesn't seem healthy to me. But according to his wife, he is very healthy.

I'm almost like that. Coffee or green tea for breakfast. Peanut butter and mayo sandwich (sometimes I had pickles or honey in the sandwich) or grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. If I want to pretend to be better, I'll have only oatmeal with added dried fruit and nuts and almond milk. The oatmeal will be soupy. So, not much variety for lunch.

Dinner is a much wider variety. I will only occasionally eat out. My favorite is also widely varied. Italian and Oriental being my favorites. But I live in Texas, so BBQ is at the top of the list.

How's that? My ideal weight is about 145, but I'm 150 at 69 y/o. I must do something about that.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Reader

You and your Dell Computer friend could be poster children for the Warrier Diet.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Reader

Quoted from Jack Lalanne... "Eat twice a day. LaLanne consumed exactly two meals, breakfast and dinner, 11am and 7pm. Breakfast was taken late in the morning after his workout and usually consisted of "several hard-boiled egg whites, a cup of broth, oatmeal with soy milk, and seasonal fruit. Dinner was more egg whites, salad, and fish. Snacks were strictly verboten. 5 or 6 fresh fruits a day and 10 different vegetables a day; along with 40 to 50 supplements."
Old 12-29-2017, 02:45 AM
Observer

Shreya_pandey is on a distinguished road

wow..this one looks interesting.

I had Berry and Yogurt Smoothie and 2 bananas right after my morning run.
Post that a gluten-free bread along with white eggs omelette.Next a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, extra virgin olive oil, bell peppers and basil.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:47 AM
Reader

Man, that's healthy! I like the morning run part!
Old 12-31-2017, 10:54 PM
Observer

Shreya_pandey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyKOTWF View Post
Man, that's healthy! I like the morning run part!
Sure, Thanks. Also, I know there was New Years coming to ruin my health regime. How you manage to recover/maintain your routine during new year or festivals for that matter? Or you don't, and neutralize that extra cheese later on?
Old 01-01-2018, 06:23 AM
Reader

Beach Man has a spectacular aura aboutBeach Man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I was putting coconut oil in my coffee for awhile, and then I got lazy about it. I take a spoonful sometimes by itself, but I need to do that every day. I'm concerned about getting Alzheimer's/dementia, since there's been some in my family.
A tasty way to take your coconut oil is to use it like butter. First, put the container in your refrigerator (or in the freezer) to harden up the oil. After an hour or two, take it out and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour. That will soften up the hardened oil to the point that it is the consistency of butter. Then use it just like butter; put a tab of it on a slice or quarter slice of your favorite bread, or just eat a heaping teaspoonful of it straight by itself or with a tab of butter on the bread, etc. I use it that way on a quarter slice or Rudi's Multigrain gluten-free bread, and find it to be absolutely delicious!

For value, taste, and size (for ease of handling and conserving refrigerator space), I particularly like the Swanson brand of Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in the 8 ounce size:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...herSize=SWF035

A close second is the Jarrow Formulas brand of certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, also in the 8 ounce size:

https://www.vitacost.com/jarrow-form...in-coconut-oil

For those who have not yet had the pleasure of opening a fresh jar of coconut oil, here's a tip to avoid making an unnecessary mess.
Before opening the jar for the first time, put it in your freezer for about an hour, or in your refrigerator for about two hours. That will allow the liquid to harden up into a solid, so that when you remove the cover and cut off the inner seal you won't have a liquid mess to deal with and to clean up. Enjoy!!

Last edited by Beach Man; 01-01-2018 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Additional information
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.