#1  
Old 08-21-2018, 12:27 AM
johnbbecker2 johnbbecker2 is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
johnbbecker2 is on a distinguished road
Default Panic Disorder


What medicines do you recommend about having a panic disorder?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Happyflowerlady's Avatar
Happyflowerlady Happyflowerlady is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11
Happyflowerlady is on a distinguished road
Default

I don’t have any medicines to recommend, but what really helped me was Meridian Tapping. It sounds a little odd when you first read about it because you are just basically tapping on parts of your head and body and repeating helpful phrases; but it is actually related to acupuncture, and is very effective for panic attacks.

On the way to the fitness center, my little truck overheated, and it was closer to go there than turn around and go back home; so I kept driving, but I was in a total panic the whole way there.
After I got into the pool at the fitness center, I was still way too upset to swim and relax; so I tried the tapping, not really expecting it to do a whole lot. In a few minutes of tapping, I was totally over the panic attack , calmed down, and not even worried about going back to see what caused the overheating problem, or whether we could drive it back home again, and I was able to relax and enjoy my swimming.
The good news, we just had to add water to the radiator, and the truck drove home just fine, so it turned out not to be a big problem after all.

magnesium is also supposed to be good for helping with panic attacks , according to what I have read, so you might want to try some of that as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2018, 07:17 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 5,225
jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
I donít have any medicines to recommend, but what really helped me was Meridian Tapping.

I have tried tapping. It has been around, in various forms, since the late 60s (Hippie era). Apparently I have not tried this Meridian Tapping. I'll find it and try, because all the other tapping techniques haven't worked for me. For 2 reasons probably. 1) no patience 2) I invent worries when I run out of worries.


Thanks for the info.
__________________
.
- Jim

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched ó they must be felt with the heart." ó Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Life365 Life365 is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Life365 is on a distinguished road
Default

Are you under any kind of stress?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2018, 02:12 AM
elixirhtcisb elixirhtcisb is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 6
elixirhtcisb is on a distinguished road
Default

I would suggest you that don't any thing without the prescription of physician or Doctor...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Mike65Denver Mike65Denver is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Denver
Posts: 152
Mike65Denver is on a distinguished road
Default

I was poisoned by toxic fumes at a job. I have a panic disorder all the time. What has made me calmer than before is trying to avoid tongue lashing killjoys cuz they make me worse.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Beach Man Beach Man is online now
Reader
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 164
Beach Man has a spectacular aura aboutBeach Man has a spectacular aura about
Default L-Theanine Mitigates Anxiety and/or Panic Attacks

Many people have found that L-Theanine, which is an amino acid found in green tea, is very effective in relieving anxiety and in mitigating panic attacks. The experience of Susan Holland as related in her on-line article entitled, How to Stop Anxiety With L-Theanine is an excellent example of how useful it can be in that regard. She states in pertinent part:

" Many of us take anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety medications prescribed by our
doctor. While we should follow doctor's orders, we should not fear investigating
natural alternatives.

On one of my trips to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, I came across Dr. Fain's Herbal
Shop. At the time, school was about to start, and I had several other things on my
plate. I felt like I was stressed to the max. I was anxious and felt panic attacks
coming in waves.

When I walked into the shop, the knowledgeable assistant was able to help me
immediately. 'You need L-theanine, also known as theanine. You will take it any time
you want, and it will help you relax without making you sleepy.'

'Will it make me hyper or jittery?' I asked.

'No, the exact opposite, and it is safe to take at high and low doses', she responded.

Really? Sounds too good to be true, but she was correct.

. . .

I take it every night before I go to bed just to keep it in my system. ...

I have a fear of flying. I go to New York each year to visit my brother. I typically feel
a horrible panic attack coming on, with many of the symptoms listed above. On days
I fly, I sporadically take three 200mg L-theanine capsules throughout the day to keep
the anxiety at bay. It helps tremendously. I get on the plane without compunction.

I actually carry L-theanine with me everywhere. It makes anxiety and panic disorders
so much easier to manage. ...

I love the fact that, for me, it is safe to take when serious anxiety is overwhelming
me. I could not do that with Valium without risking a drug overdose. L-theanine is
fast acting - kicking in about 20 minutes after taking it. It has been a true life saver
for me."

You can read her entire article here: https://remedygrove.com/supplements/...ake-L-Theanine

Also, Dr. James Lake, M.D., who is a visiting assistant professor of medicine at the University of Arizona provides some useful information in his on-line article entitled, L-Theanine for Generalized Anxiety, in which he states:

" ... Moderately severe
anxiety symptoms may respond to l-theanine taken at a dose of 200mg
twice daily however more severe anxiety may require doses up to 600mg
to 800mg per day divided into 200mg increments every 3 to 4 hours. ...

No safety problems

L-Theanine is generally well tolerated, and there are no published reports
of serious adverse side effects or interactions with other natural products
or conventional prescription medications. Unlike prescription benzodiaze-
pine medications l-theanine is not habit-forming as it does not lead to
tolerance and dependence when used over long periods of time."

You can read his entire article here:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...alized-anxiety

In addition, the article entitled Natural L-Theanine for Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression at the following Link contains excellent information and is extremely well written:

https://nootriment.com/l-theanine-for-anxiety/

Finally,note that not all L-Theanine supplements are potent. As noted in the following description of the Life Extension L-Theanine supplement, always look for the Suntheanine product:

https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitami...683/L-Theanine
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2018, 06:34 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 5,225
jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Man View Post

Finally,note that not all L-Theanine supplements are potent. As noted in the following description of the Life Extension L-Theanine supplement, always look for the Suntheanine product:

https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitami...683/L-Theanine
Thanks for that info, Beach Man. I wonder if the same can be said for grape seed extract. After all, grape seed extract is a rich source of polyphenols too. I suspect there is more to L-Theanine than just polyphenols though. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14977436

Also, I do like Life Extensions. They have been around many years and with highly reputable research. I have been interested in Bulk Supplements too. Their products are mostly reasonably priced and are reported to be pure. No fillers. Many of their products are powdered, which is inconvenient for me, but occasionally I find the same in capsules. Now, it seems I may sound like I'm promoting this vendor, but they are only one of my many sources of supplements.

https://www.bulksupplements.com/l-th...-capsules.html
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Beach Man Beach Man is online now
Reader
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 164
Beach Man has a spectacular aura aboutBeach Man has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Man View Post
Many people have found that L-Theanine, which is an amino acid found in green tea, is very effective in relieving anxiety and in mitigating panic attacks. The experience of Susan Holland as related in her on-line article entitled, How to Stop Anxiety With L-Theanine is an excellent example of how useful it can be in that regard. She states in pertinent part:

" Many of us take anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety medications prescribed by our
doctor. While we should follow doctor's orders, we should not fear investigating
natural alternatives.

On one of my trips to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, I came across Dr. Fain's Herbal
Shop. At the time, school was about to start, and I had several other things on my
plate. I felt like I was stressed to the max. I was anxious and felt panic attacks
coming in waves.

When I walked into the shop, the knowledgeable assistant was able to help me
immediately. 'You need L-theanine, also known as theanine. You will take it any time
you want, and it will help you relax without making you sleepy.'

'Will it make me hyper or jittery?' I asked.

'No, the exact opposite, and it is safe to take at high and low doses', she responded.

Really? Sounds too good to be true, but she was correct.

. . .

I take it every night before I go to bed just to keep it in my system. ...

I have a fear of flying. I go to New York each year to visit my brother. I typically feel
a horrible panic attack coming on, with many of the symptoms listed above. On days
I fly, I sporadically take three 200mg L-theanine capsules throughout the day to keep
the anxiety at bay. It helps tremendously. I get on the plane without compunction.

I actually carry L-theanine with me everywhere. It makes anxiety and panic disorders
so much easier to manage. ...

I love the fact that, for me, it is safe to take when serious anxiety is overwhelming
me. I could not do that with Valium without risking a drug overdose. L-theanine is
fast acting - kicking in about 20 minutes after taking it. It has been a true life saver
for me."

You can read her entire article here: https://remedygrove.com/supplements/...ake-L-Theanine

Also, Dr. James Lake, M.D., who is a visiting assistant professor of medicine at the University of Arizona provides some useful information in his on-line article entitled, L-Theanine for Generalized Anxiety, in which he states:

" ... Moderately severe
anxiety symptoms may respond to l-theanine taken at a dose of 200mg
twice daily however more severe anxiety may require doses up to 600mg
to 800mg per day divided into 200mg increments every 3 to 4 hours. ...

No safety problems

L-Theanine is generally well tolerated, and there are no published reports
of serious adverse side effects or interactions with other natural products
or conventional prescription medications. Unlike prescription benzodiaze-
pine medications l-theanine is not habit-forming as it does not lead to
tolerance and dependence when used over long periods of time."

You can read his entire article here:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...alized-anxiety

In addition, the article entitled Natural L-Theanine for Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression at the following Link contains excellent information and is extremely well written:

https://nootriment.com/l-theanine-for-anxiety/

Finally,note that not all L-Theanine supplements are potent. As noted in the following description of the Life Extension L-Theanine supplement, always look for the Suntheanine product:

https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitami...683/L-Theanine
Regarding my above Post, as it was my intention, due to its significance, to emphasize the following paragraph from the description of the Life Extension L-Theanine supplement, I quote that paragraph here in case anyone missed it:

"Beware of Imitations. The L-theanine used in this product is Suntheanine, the only pure form of L-theanine protected by 40 U.S. and international patents and scientifically proven in clinical studies to be safe and efficacious. Independent laboratory analysis has verified that certain other products on the market claiming to contain 'L-theanine' are only half L-theanine, the other half being a different form of theanine known as 'D-theanine' which has not been scientifically evaluated in published studies."

In addition to Life Extension's product, Suntheanine is available from other vendors such as the following:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=suntheanine

and

https://www.vitacost.com/productResu...tt=Suntheanine
Reply With Quote
Reply
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panic attacks may be linked to nutrient deficiency jfh Mental Health 0 12-29-2016 08:22 AM
Dog Flu Panic in 2015, Is It Real? kind2creatures Pet Health 4 04-20-2015 09:50 AM
Panic attacks knightofalbion Mental Health 2 05-17-2014 01:52 PM
Food Stamp Glitch Causes Walmart Shelves to be Stripped Bare in Greedy Panic! kind2creatures Chitchat 0 10-14-2013 06:15 PM
New Mental disorder saved1986 Mental Health 7 08-08-2011 04:18 AM