Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 06-23-2017, 08:02 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Whole Fat Dairy is Healthy, Saturated Fats Myth Exposed

More information about saturated fats from dairy, and some of the myths that have been promoted over the years. Full story with videos here. http://healthimpactnews.com/2017/met...-myth-exposed/

Quote:
The study title is “Milk and dairy consumption and risk of cardiovascular diseases and all-cause mortality: dose–response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies.” It was published in the European Journal of Epidemiology during April of 2017.

A cohort is usually a large group of individuals sharing something in common, it could be a region, age group, gender, or particular lifestyle and other possibilities.

A prospective study follows the individuals in that cohort over time with predetermined factors they are subjected to as part of their everyday lives with the focus of determining what factors are involved with the specific diseases of concern. (Source)

The meta-analysis was covered jointly by researchers at Reading University in England, Copenhagen University in Denmark, and Wageningen University in the Netherlands. Out of 59 prospective studies available for this meta-analysis, only 29 made the cut.

The researchers removed all abstracts that were duplicate studies, studies that included subjects with past histories of CVD or CHD were also removed. They also removed studies that contained animal subjects or humans under 18 years of age.

The prospective cohort studies they analyzed were performed over the past 35 years to 2016. The subjects of all 29 studies involved a total of 938,465 people within varying cohorts covering a wide spectrum of economic levels, lifestyles, genders, and ages from around the world.

The meta-analysis researchers used the most sophisticated statistical analysis methods and systems available to eliminate influencing variables, including funding sources for the 29 studies. You can read more about this in the text of their study under the heading “Statistical analysis” here.
Despite numbers of 93,158 overall mortality, of which 28,419 were CHD and 25,416 were CVD cases within the almost one million subjects over time, the meta-analysis determined:
“No associations were found for total (high-fat/low-fat) dairy, and milk with the health outcomes of mortality, CHD or CVD. Inverse associations were found between total fermented dairy (included sour milk products, cheese or yogurt; …” [Note: Inverse associations implies fermented dairy consumers lived somewhat longer and healthier.] (Source)
Old 06-24-2017, 06:32 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

That's good to know, k2c. Another myth dissolved regarding saturated fats.

I totally love cheese. Would not give that up. I like yoghurt, but could live without it. I really like cottage cheese.

But years ago, I stopped drinking or using milk. I read studies of how it is not good for men due to its link to prostate cancer. It's probably not good for women either.

Quote:
Researchers are looking, not only at whether milk increases cancer risk, but how. The answer, apparently, is in the way milk affects a man’s hormones. Dairy products boost the amount of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) in the blood. In turn, IGF-I promotes cancer cell growth. A small amount is normally in the bloodstream, but several recent studies have linked increased IGF-I levels to prostate cancer and possibly to breast cancer as well.

And it would come as no surprise that milk might affect the growth of cancer cells. After all, its biological purpose is to support rapid growth in all parts of a calf’s body. After the age of weaning, calves (like all mammals) have no need for milk at all, and there is never a need to drink the milk of another species.

Researchers are investigating whether dairy products might be culprits in other forms of the disease. Ovarian cancer, in particular, may be linked to galactose, a sugar produced from the milk sugar lactose. Yogurt, cheese, “lactose-free” milk, and other dairy products contain substantial amounts of galactose.

https://www.pcrm.org/health/health-t...vidence-mounts

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 06-25-2017, 06:53 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I haven't drank any milk for decades Jfh. I have around an inch of it (2%) when I mix it with plain seltzer and Hershey's syrup for a chocolate egg cream. I know Hershey's is not that healthy, but I don't have it that often.

I rarely have cereal, but when I do it's corn flakes and unsweetened organic rice milk. I like my cheese too, favorite is Danish Creme Havarti, then Gouda.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

I have for years searched out people who are over 100 years old and interviewed them to find out what they eat because that is the nutritional supply of the body. Most people had a very simple diet very little to no processed food. They all ate meat, vegetables, some grains mainly rice and corn. Some smoked and loved pork rinds here where I live it is called chicharon deep fried pig skin. All the people I interview were not on any prescriptions in good humor and enjoyed like.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Observer

Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

Good info

Tags
dairy, fats, myth, saturated
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.