Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Observer

ron45 is on a distinguished road
Default Therapeudic dosage for vitamins, amino acids etc,

I need to how much to take of some of the vitamins etc I'm taking to replace the beta blocker and statin drugs I was taking. I know we are all biochemical individuals and it varies. I'm looking for general amounts that others have found effective. I'm not asking for a prescription or medical advise. If there is someone who can answer I will provide specifics one which ones I'm taking. Most are from a pdf that arrowwind sent me from Dr Mathias called the WHy Book.

Also does anyone know how long an empty stomach is suppose to remain that way after taking something that says empty stomach in the directions?

Ron
Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Vitamin D3 1000iu per 25lbs you currently weigh.Use an OIL based gel cap, take with a meal containing fat. Get 25(OH)D TESTED after 3 months to check, add 1000iu/d if under 60ng/ml(probable) or reduce by 1000iu/d if over 80ng/ml (unlikely) Dr Davis Heartscanblog finds 6000iu/daily is average required though it varies greatly.

Magnesium 5 to 10 milligrams per day per kilo of ideal body weight or 2.5 to 4.5 milligrams per day per pound of ideal body weight. Example: 70 kilos or 150 pounds= 350 mg. to 700 mg. daily. Dr Davis suggests magnesium glycinate (400 mg twice per day) or magnesium malate (1200 mg twice per day) Best taken in SMALL amounts with food.

Omega 3 at least 2g of EPA + DHA daily maybe more if your triglycerides are high. For Omega 3 to be absorbed into tissue OMEGA 6 from industrially made seed/grain oils has to be eliminated and all the foods that contain them. Omega 3 test is possible if concerned
Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Observer

Thanks, this is some of what I am looking for. As you correctly note I am using D3 supliments and Omega 3 as well. The D3 is currently in capsule form. Is the oil better assimilated? I am currently using mag chloride is there a better absorbed form? Proline 500 mg, is another amino acid as well as L Lycine on an empty stomach 1500mg. N acetyl glucosamine 250, D3 caps 3 to 6 thousand iu. All dosages are per day for now till I know more. Niacin about 800 mg/day so are. I have some contraindications for larger doses but I need to re read the info. I've been reading so much lately it's hard to keep it all straight. I haven't been 30 for 36 years. There is some talk on this forum about structured water. Have you come across the campaign of Daniel Vitalis. He's a raw food spring water guy and very high energy so everything he says comes off like a campaign. And he does a much better job of selling the idea of spring water than any of the machine sellers talking about structured water. His argument is in a few hours the water you drink is your blood, and will eventually constitute 70% percent of your body. Now that makes a bit of sense. The energy business..... I need more info on that but that hexagon shape is a high energy form across many cultures. I'd love to see some science on the subject. I doubt there is any. Molecular science is expensive and there isn't much motivation. Too bad, there is a huge amount of BS in the wellness arena because of it. Thank you for taking the time to help. Heard about Chaga mushrooms? Grows in birch groves. There is some science around on it's properties... on Wiki for instance.

Ron
Old 09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron45 View Post
The D3 is currently in capsule form.
It's probably OK It's solid tablets that are a bit suspect. Still better taken with the largest meal of the day though.

Quote:
Is the oil better assimilated?
There is some evidence to suggest this may be the case but don't waste the ones you've already bought. It's not like capsules are useless, Dr Cannell one of the leading Vitamin D promoters only uses capsules and I presume that's what he supplies to his patients and he's must have tested hundreds of folks by now and if he had found a problem with capsules he would have said and changed his mind on the issue.

Quote:
I am currently using mag chloride is there a better absorbed form?
Krispin suggests Albion Patent mineral magnesium I tend to use several methods for increasing magnesium
Magnesium Water as magnesium bicarbonate is very well absorbed Magnesium chloride I use in my bathwater. and I have magnesium chloride, magnesium malate and albion chelates available as well. Don't forget food sources are probably the ideal source so use a magnesium calculator. You'll know when you're overdoing it when your stools start getting a bit loose. Just back down a bit at that point.

I've not researched the other stuff so won't comment.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Observer

Thanks very much I appreciate your input. I will investigate sources of magnesium bicarbonate.

What do you know about boron supplementation as it relates to heart health?

Ron
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.