Old 09-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Observer

Daaanial is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up enhance memory?

Hi

Dear Friends
To enhance memory and focus on lesson in the classroom and what is recommended?
Whether Omega3 is effective?
Thanks
Old 09-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Explorer

mindmt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mindmt

IMHO largely a function of glucose regulation. Avoid hypoglycaemia by ensuring you stay away from carbohydrates - thereby downregulating insulin levels. Body soon learns to use fats to keep blood glucose modulated. It has been claimed that the brain functions better on ketones, but I'm not sure of the evidence here - perhaps someone knows some references?

Omega 3 is a long term strategy - 5 years to get back to optimal, according to Ted Hutchinson. (But, yes, start now - AND limit omega 6 intake)
Old 10-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Observer

medicalbrain is on a distinguished road

to enhance your memory you should try:

Phosphatidyl Serine - this is found in herring, kidneys and liver of red meats

Gingko Biloba -helps with short term memory

fish oil - ie omega 3 like you said. one capsule a day of this will help you to feel great and more clear on the inside

get plenty of exercise. exercise - if vigorous enough can help with short and long term memory. it also helps to increase IQ when done long enough and it changes the chemical balance in the brain for effective neurotransmissions.

fruit and veg is also really important. this gives your brain the right nutrients it needs to have you operating optimally. if you're low on fruit and veg, you can try a multi-vitamin substitute

finally, consider meditating. This can help you to maintain more focus which is essential for memorising things

Old 10-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Observer

LuckkyLady is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to LuckkyLady

PS and Huperzine-A works for me.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:51 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Huperzine A (HUP-er-zeen) is a potent chemical derived from a particular type of club moss ( Huperzia serrata [Thumb] Trev.). Like caffeine and cocaine, huperzine A is a medicinally active, plant-derived chemical that belongs to the class known as alkaloids. It was first isolated in 1948 by Chinese scientists.1 This substance is really more a drug than an herb, but it is sold over the counter as a dietary supplement for memory loss and mental impairment.

http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetCo...chunkiid=21761

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 10-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Also:
Lecithin
Coconut oil
B vitamins
DHA (DocasaHexanenoic Acid) is an omega-3 fat that can prevent heart attack and dementia.

If you are having memory issues you may have to mega dose on the nutrients for a while.. take standard recommended dosages for stuff like ginko and Huperzine
Make sure your digestion is working in good order without need for antiacids.
If youve had a gall bladder removed you may need bile salts to make
sure those fats are digesting well
Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Observer

My biggest problem is that I have multiple sclerosis. Lecithin is a good idea. I got some Risotrene for the B vitamins (for my non pill taking but drinking brother) but I'll take it now instead since he didn't.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

MS is being cured. Did you know?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Observer

No I didn't except with "energy medicine". Kalawalla helped a lot and I tried glyconutrients. Do you know of anything else?

Tags
memory
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.