Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 AM
Observer

Hwkmn05 will become famous soon enough
Default Afib supplements

Ive been on a regimen of supplements for 1 year for atrial fibrillation, and have been able to get off the meds 100% recently. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for any and all cures for this condition? I have gone out of rhythm just 3 times in one year now and recently converted on my own (first time ever) with huge amount of Mag and Hawthorne, Taurine.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Observer

fcunsrial is on a distinguished road

Magnesium is OK but not if you are older or suffer from left ventricular insufficiency. Check to make sure your thyroid or your adrenal glands are not overproducing. Excess thyroxine or epinephrine will cause taquichardia. Berberine is also good, Huang, W. Ventricular tachyarrhythmias treated with berberine. Chung Hua Hsin Huseh Kuan Ping Tsa Chih. 18(3):155-156, 1990.
Vit C helps also Papoulidis, P., et al. The role of ascorbic acid in the prevention of atrial fibrillation after elective on pump myocardial revascularization surgery: a single center experience-pilot study. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 12(2):121-124, 2011. Finally caffeine, IGF-1, Aspartic and Glutamic acid- containing foods, MSG, and excess of vit D can cause taquichardia as well. Cheers
Old 08-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

A-fib are you shorter than when you where twenty years old if so. You might have a degenerating disc at thoracic vertebrata 1,2,3, or 4 this aggravates the nerve leading to the heart and causes it be beat erratic. It is like hitting your funny bone and your hand feels weird. Doctors never look for this and miss it. Go to a chiropractor and ask if he can check it out. Doctors only check the heart and not the wiring
I will PM you a video
Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Observer

dOug, makes perfect sense. Doctors tell patients all the time, your heart is healthy and in perfect working order, its your electrical system that is the problem. Then they proceed to put you on a regimen of anti coagulants, anti arrhythmia, beta blockers, and warn that you may be getting some nodes burned off. All have nothing to do with nerve issues but plumbing problems they just told you , You dont have!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Observer

fung, I have a thyroid issue also. Just taking iodine for that now. Not sure if the tachycardia throws me out of rhythm, but Im sure it doesnt help. Ill check out the berb
Old 08-05-2014, 03:51 AM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Omega 3 / fish oil supplements are suppose to help also.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Observer

saved, yes, O3, however I have heard that the EPA should be a smaller dose than the DHA for my condition. Fish oil is great for several issues. The first and foremost was to stay healthy in cold and flu seasons for me. And have not had the flu in 3 year since taking it. I used to get the flu every season, sometimes twice. Last time I got it, I had gotten the flu shot. Go figure!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Observer

I watched that video and have concluded that it just aint that simple with this condition.Tho I do believe Glidden is on the right track with relating this to a nerve issue vs a cardio issue, its evident that there are other deficiencies in our diets and intrusive negatives like MSG,alcohol, etc , that exasperate this condition. I would be surprised if applying ice to C1-5 area on my back would get me out of AF when I consume too much alcohol or have become dehydrated or am low on Mag or other nutrients. Id lick a frogs arse if it got me back to NSR, so ice on my back is worth a shot.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Observer

Kwittsit1 video is so basic and when someone cant pronounce Herbs without the H, I get a bit suspicious. Maybe not linking Uboob tube would be a start. Backyard doctors should come with warning labels. Just saying
Old 10-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwkmn05 View Post
fung, I have a thyroid issue also. Just taking iodine for that now.

Be sure to add selenium and gray sea salt to your diet.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Observer

Ron Brown is on a distinguished road

I cured my 24 hour a day afib with magnesium.It is a miracle mineral and a shortage is responsible for many conditions afib just being one. I used magnesium citrate and magnesium chloride.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

For a-fib look into a back problem because there is where the problem is
Old 12-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Observer

The problem is with mineral balance and has nothing to do with the back unless you are referring to the vagus nerve that comes out of the spine which is affected by magnesium depletion.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Observer

Juby is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up magnesium Taurate

I have had good luck with magnesium taurate but only the cheap kind I buy at Swanson supplements. They are big chalky tablets but the only kind that seem to work for me. A friend recommended them to me. I hardly ever have any palpitations since I started taking them.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Observer

Default magnesium taurate

Magnesium Taurate is sold as a product specifically for the heart. It is also a good type. I have a bottle but prefer the Remag because it is a liquid
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.