Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Observer

naturalglow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajorThorburn View Post
My wife and I have been using Rescue Remedy for many years and have found it an essential item to have at hand in case our anxiety gets too much.

A few weeks ago my supplement supplier sent me an email introducing CBD oil.
Having read the information I decided to give it a try.
I am now two weeks into my first months of a 3 months trial and am starting to feel the benefits namely , clearer mind and more relaxed.
I am wondering if anyone else has tried CBD yet?
I just ordered my first CBD today. Looking forward.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:19 PM
Observer

MrMajorThorburn is on a distinguished road
Default Natural alternatives for social anxiety?

Reference CBD my current status is that I am now convinced that this is working for me and plan to continue its use indefinitely.
I have also managed to have gained my wife's agreement and she is now trying CBD out and she is in her first month of a 3 months trial.
So far, to me, she is brighter and sharper minded so from my perspective she is benefiting from taking CBD.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:32 AM
Observer

CalvinD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajorThorburn View Post
Reference CBD my current status is that I am now convinced that this is working for me and plan to continue its use indefinitely.
I have also managed to have gained my wife's agreement and she is now trying CBD out and she is in her first month of a 3 months trial.
So far, to me, she is brighter and sharper minded so from my perspective she is benefiting from taking CBD.
Nice, which CBD Oil are you using?

I have been looking at purchasing the seeds from here https://www.seedsupreme.com/cannabis...d-strains.html and growing and pressing my own.

Hard to find a consistent source and so thought I might go and try a different method.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Observer

Adaptogen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADman View Post
My psychiatrist prescribed me an SSRI called Citalopram about a month ago. I haven't taken any yet, because I would rather take a more natural approach. I have been taking Pharma GABA for about 2 weeks now and it has been working wonders in terms of general anxiety. It clears my mind of automatic negative thoughts, I can focus more and it calms me down. It also keeps my anxiety from getting so bad that it causes stomach issues. I plan to buy some 5HTP this morning to see if that will help me with social anxiety and depression caused from social anxiety. I have done some research online and it is said that it is safe to take both Pharma GABA and 5HTP together? I heard that 5HTP usually makes people really tired? If that is the case, would it be safe for me to sometimes drink an energy drink or a coffee if I took 5HTP and Pharma GABA earlier in the day? I have had no problem with energy drinks or coffee while taking Pharma GABA alone.

I also plan to try out: Rhodiola Rosea, SAM-E, Magnesium, Holy Basil, and maybe St. John's Wort.

Has anyone taken any of these? Which are the best for social anxiety? I'm looking for something that will lift my mood, which will allow for a more natural confidence in social situations.

I would appreciate any help from any of the experts on here.

Best Regards,

Robert

5-HTP you need to be careful with, especially on its own as it can deplete other catecholamines such as dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine.

Lavender oral supplements have a good evidence base for generalized anxiety disorder. One study even found that lavender was comparable to 0.5mg of lorazepam.

Safforn has a growing body of impressive evidence for its anti-depressant benefits and research has found saffron to have comparable anti-depressant activity to several pharmaceutical anti-depressant drugs such as citalopram, prozac and others.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.