Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

Old 12-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough
Default Is Collagen Better than Gelatin?

...for degenerative disc? Maybe Doug is one of the top experts on this...hope he can pipe in.

Maybe I should take both?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(I wasn't going to do any posting today, Sunday, and then read Doug's post on this, then KindCreature
piped in too.)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Reader

Just an update. I took a grass fed collagen for 20 days with no apparent results. Then I tried some Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin and in 3 days it performed a miracle! I'd had T4 and T5 degenerative disc issues for 20 years, with pain on 0 to 10 scale of from 3 to 7 most days. After the 3 days on this stuff, ZERO pain in my lower back. First time in 20 years of no pain. Here was the stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Only one caveat, it raised my blood pressure. So now experimenting with taking it every other day and/or a 2/3 dosage level.
Still, amazing stuff.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:46 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the update. I take a Glucosamine and MSM myself and I've given similar products to my dog who were suffering with age related arthritis and hip dysplasia.

What ingredient do you think raised your blood pressure?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Reader

The Glucosamine,KTC. I'd read that it might do that.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:40 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I've used it for years and didn't notice a rise in blood pressure....but everyone's different, and the dosages must mean a lot too.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Reader

I may try backing off to 2 pills instead of 3 for 2 out of 3 days.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:02 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

That sounds like a good plan Davy, hope it works.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:09 AM
Observer

multivitaminwoman is on a distinguished road
Default Reply

I would take both for sure.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

I have some in C-2/3, C5/6 and a couple other places. Nerves get stuck and my left arm goes wonky. I refused surgery to place rods up there in 1996. whew, glad I did!

Might want to check to be sure your Vitamin D3 supplement has K2...just a suggestion. You prolly already know this tho.

I purchased a ProPur fluoride removing pitcher for water. I have read negative things about fluoride and bones.

I am NOT too energetic in the winter so I do alot of cardio dance and rebounding. We are having snow, upon snow, upon snow. ANd it's slippery. But I know it is important to keep active and weight bearing exercise for bones.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:24 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bhere View Post
I have some in C-2/3, C5/6 and a couple other places. Nerves get stuck and my left arm goes wonky. I refused surgery to place rods up there in 1996. whew, glad I did!

Might want to check to be sure your Vitamin D3 supplement has K2...just a suggestion. You prolly already know this tho.

I purchased a ProPur fluoride removing pitcher for water. I have read negative things about fluoride and bones.

I am NOT too energetic in the winter so I do alot of cardio dance and rebounding. We are having snow, upon snow, upon snow. ANd it's slippery. But I know it is important to keep active and weight bearing exercise for bones.
I'll look at that pitcher. I've been in the "F" battle for years when our town was suckered in back in 2008...long dark history on this fluoride scam. Long Long History. You can thank Alcoa and Mellon family for all this waste going into our waters.

What do you think about the pitcher? Worth the $70 where I found it online.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:29 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyKOTWF View Post
...for degenerative disc? Maybe Doug is one of the top experts on this...hope he can pipe in.

Maybe I should take both?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(I wasn't going to do any posting today, Sunday, and then read Doug's post on this, then KindCreature
piped in too.)
I took the Great Lakes (green cannister) gelatin for a couple yrs and don't know what it did if anything...lots of reviews online on this product.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.