Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Observer

seriousfix is on a distinguished road
Default Grape Seed Extract and l-theanine

I am taking astaxanthin, fish oil, holy basil and grape seed extract three times a day. This calms me down for the most part. Can I add l-theanine to this? I am hoping it will help me sleep.

Thank you.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:22 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

There is no problem taking l-theanine with your other supplements. I take a lot of supplements. Way more than you have mentioned. For sleep, I take a supplement that contains melatonin and l-theanine. Works very well.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 01-17-2014, 05:54 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Jfh. I use just a half tablet of Schiff 3mg Melatonin with 25mg Theanine for sleep...along with many other supplements/herbs.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Observer

seriousfix is on a distinguished road

Thanks, all. It's kind of weird because 400 mg of l-theanine makes me hallucinate a bit. Feels trippy. But it really mellows me out. Haven't tried them all at one time. Might try it later since they can be used together. Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

You might try lowering the dose of the L-Theanine, to 200mg for awhile.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:54 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Personally, I've been taking Grape Seed Extract since 1995, no colds, no flus and strong immune system. Allergies and sinus issues are history. THere is so much to say about these OPC's...pycnogenol and grape SEED extract.

Tags
extract, grape seed, l-theanine
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.