Old 01-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Observer

kjgregor is on a distinguished road
Default Vitamin D concern.

I've been taking vitamin D for years but whenever I increase, say for illness or winter blues I get bloated and sneeze alot, I use to get achy bones too, but K2 seems to help with that. Is this something that will pass or should I just stick to 1000 iu. I've recently increased to 5000 Iu for a cold virus in hopes of getting rid of it. But now I'm bloated, small baby bump type bloat and sneezing alot.. I'm starting to think im allergic, my mom was allergic to the sun, maybe it was the vitamin.. just curious.. thanks for input all is appreciated..
Old 01-31-2018, 07:37 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough

Keep taking the k2 with it. Magnesium is very important also. Extra D depletes your Magnesium, so make sure you're getting 500mg of Mg, like Mg Citrate or Mg Glycinate. Lack of Mg causes a whole host of problems.
http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...isc#post204825

Might try fresh garlic cloves, 2 a day, until the sneezing passes.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:49 PM
Observer

Ok thanks.. So these side effects if it's the vitamin D will pass? is it like a detox sorta all these good vitamins are flushing out the junk my body has accumulated over the years. I want to get past this everytime I've tried upping my vit D ect and get I sick, I get the well meaning but not open minded 😁 folks telling me I'm over doing the vitamins..
Old 01-31-2018, 04:29 PM
Reader

You're not overdoing the vit D. That IS D3 right? I took 20,000-30,000IU of D3 for a month or two. The author of the book I read, took 100,000 to cure his problems. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...miraculous+d3+ Go to Table of Contents, click the near end chapter of Longevity and D3 and read the part under the heading of "Vitamin D and Magnesium". There's a lot there you can read. I"ve read the book a dozen times and pick up something every time I didn't see. Great book to buy or you can just take from my readings of it and save. :-)

1 or 2,000 is not much at all. Around 4000IU is the more correct RDA (not the mere 400 they list)

So my point, it might not be the vit D you're taking, since it's such a low amount...it may be the other minerals you're not taking along with it. Or some other deficiencies. The little extra D3 just stirs up the lack of them and you just think it's the D. Same thing happened to me. I take around 5000 iu now, daily and thought recently it was the D3...but came to find it was my magnesium and also lack of sodium. So I"ve upped my sodium to around 2000mg and am getting the right amount of Mg now too.
Have you heard of cronometer dot com ? Check it out. It'll help you get just the right amounts of everything.

You're not over doing supplements. Jack Lalanne took around 40 supplements - lived to be 96. Another natural Doctor took 30 some and lived to be 99, healthily. Suzanne Somers takes 40 supplements or more I think and looks pretty darn good for age 71.

Yep, the nay sayers mean well, but just don't know what they speak of. So keep on seeking the right way.

Since colds are more of a virus problem, fresh cloves of garlic really do help. Might try. Another thought: do you take a good probiotic? I used to get prescribed by 'doctors' to take antibiotics for my colds and sore throats. (UGGHHH!) Then after reading about them, I took probiotics to replenish the good bacteria in the gut. Made a world of difference. Healthy Trinity is one of the best probiotics. Be a little wary of cheap ones. You get what you pay for. Again, it's probably not the vitamin D3, since you're taking such a low amount. Try the garlic and probiotics. In 5 days, I say you'll be good.
Another thought: the D3 and things like echinecea are good for PREVENTION of colds but perhaps aren't the best ONCE YOU ALREADY HAVE a cold or the like.

My cousin, 64, says he has to take two different sleeping pills every night to sleep. I try to tell him he's deficient in Magnesium and that it'll help him sleep much better. I can almost hear steel doors sliding shut over both his ears and his brain turns off as he rolls his eyes at me. I say, "you're probably low in Mg, D3, K2..." he hears "blah, blah, blah, blah,..." Then he starts bragging about eating at fast food places and that's he's as strong as any 19 year old. And yet admits he doesn't sleep well and is getting very forgetful. People aren't ready until they're ready.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:17 PM
Observer

Thank you, yes D3, I have magnesium citrate, three capsules are 400mg as I also take the oxide, I know it's no good but I've been taking 500mg for a couple years now keeps me regular and has helped tremendously with the migraines, so I don't take a full dose of the citrate with my vitamins and the oxide I've always taken at night, maybe I'll try the full daily dose of citrate.. I also started taking the super K2 you mentioned in the other thread and I take bcomplex, vit c, Omega 3, potassium gluconate, and a multi vit daily.. along with a tumeric, garlic, cayenne capsule. And a oregano oil cap which I only do for about two weeks to help with respitory colds etc.. I'm starting to think it's allergies, it's warming up here things are thawing out, I didn't have allergies til last year now things I've lived with daily like dogs, rabbits etc are making me sneeze. It's time to admit I could have allergies..😊. Also I'm reading the books (magnesium and vitamin D3 ones you suggested)that's why I upped my vit D3. I need to get some fresh garlic, I love the stuff, when I remember to grab it.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:32 PM
Observer

Also I take a probiotic at night before bed, and with my daily vitamin a kyolic vitamin for cholesterol (aged garlic and letchin).. and zinc during a cold. The probiotic is a different bran Hermann is the bran name, Im going to look into what you suggested.. and calcium 250mg
Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Reader

Sounds like you're doing everything right then. Kudos!
It may be as you said, just some detox going on or onset of a temporary cold. Not to worry.
It takes a while for everything to do its thing and you're on the right path.
Keep this up and you may live to be 110.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.