Old 11-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Observer

Josh5v is on a distinguished road
Default Avocado Extract

Does anyone have any information about Aovcado Extract (D-mannoheptulose) and appetite control?

Also, is there a reason that I can find no vendors offering this product?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

I thought guacamole was avacado extract.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Lecturer

Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough

Josh,

Many years ago The Life Extension Foundation was supposedly going to come out with a D-mannoheptulose based product. It never came to pass. I'm not sure why.

The raw material appears to be available but I haven't seen any commercial products featuring it around the health food store circuit.

I eat plenty of organic avocados and my blood sugar levels are excellent.

Be well!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Hi Harry. Welcome back. Missed you. I do follow your blog.

I'd much rather do whole food than extract for something like this. Avocados are too good to ignore whenever they are available. Not very many recipes though.

To improve glycemia and weight, research konjac mannan (glucomannon). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10372241

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Lecturer

Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough

Thanks, Jim. It's good to be back.

One of my favorite (and easiest) avocado recipes is simply slicing an avocado in quarters and wrapping a piece of nitrate-free prosciutto (or other deli-style meat) around it. It's a near perfect snack in my book - you have a good source of protein, healthy fat and fiber.

I agree that glucomannan and glucomannan blends, such as PGX, can help with both blood sugar and weight issues. I make it a point to get plenty of dietary fiber - from non-grain sources.

Be well!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.