Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Observer

plaidpanda is on a distinguished road
Default Natural Medicine Vs. Western Medicine?

I am writing a paper for class about Natural Medicine Vs. Western Medicine and how Natural Medicine is the healthier way to go and the benefits of Natural Medicine.

So on that note.
I was wondering if I can have some opinions on the subject or why you may think Natural Medicine is healthier then Western Medicine.

Thank you!

Last edited by plaidpanda; 04-24-2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Wrong wording
Old 04-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Natural Medicine is modern medicine. You have to redefine your meaning.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Observer

plaidpanda is on a distinguished road

Thank you, sorry. How embarrassing..
Old 04-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

I would title it Natural Medicine versus Drug-Based Medicine. Natural medicine is designed to correct the root problem which caused the health condition while drug-based medicine masks the symptoms and may cause additional health problems while not addressing the root cause. An example would be a healthy eating and exercise program as opposed to stomach-stapling for weight loss.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:08 PM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

The allopathic normally called western medicine is based on symptom control and management not on cause and cure.
For example if I went to the doctor with a swollen finger he might x-ray give me some anti inflammatory and tell me to come back later.
If I took the same problem to a wholistic doctor he would ask how did this happen probably tell me to put ice on it and don't hit it again with the hammer.
The allopathic doctors want to break everything down to the find details and if the heat is acting up the check everything about the heart forgetting it is part of a larger body.
For example A fib They do everything even to the point of killing you and bringing you back and putting in a device to regulate the heart beat but forget the obvious that the heart gets it orders from the brain and 95% of a-fib is a squeezing of the nerves in the spine caused by a back problem. Much like hitting your funny bone in your elbow and the hand hurts.
You can not zoom in on any part of the body and expect to learn about the whole it would be like looking and one word and knowing the whole story.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.