Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

Old 04-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth
Default Advancing OA and what is helping me now

I'm going to be 80 this year...and the arthritis in my body started when I was 18, so a LONG history. I've tried everything and just about done everything, years of chiro work and D.O. work and a hip replacement that left me with a shorter leg and other complications but that's for another posting.

What is helping me NOW is:

Cosamin DS (in my 6th months of 3 capsules daily)
Higher Doses of EPA-DHA Omega 3's (Jarrow) 4-5g daily) I do fine with this amount.
Turmeric Curcumin 3 softgels daily (Sports Research)

I'm doing all in my power to NOT get knee replacement which got worse with hip replacement (shorter leg)...vicious cycle...saw the ortho surgeon the other day and he said it's amazing I can walk and bend my knee as well as I do and I truly believe the Cosamin DS is doing it for me.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Have you considered bone broth? I've been using organic turkey bone broth as a preventative.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Have you considered bone broth? I've been using organic turkey bone broth as a preventative.
Yes, I've cooked my own bone broths but not in recent years. Do you mean the boxes of organic broths? I can't stand in kitchen and do those bone broths so the boxes would be a lot easier. The boxes would be a lot easier, for sure.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:06 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I mean the packaged in the box that needs refrigeration after opening. The brand I've been using is Pacific. Years back I made my own chicken soups, but never made bone broth on my own. I don't cook too many things from scratch these days, easier to buy it ready to go.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.