Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

Old 12-22-2017, 07:32 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Question Using Gelatin for Joint Cushioning Support

Can gelatin be used as a cheap support supplement for the joints, do you think it has any value? I heard in the past that it did.

Also, are there any negative side effects of taking gelatin daily?
Old 12-23-2017, 08:25 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Yes. It has value. It is cheaper than other collagen products. I think it is best to use a type 2 or 3 collagen supplement. But a good gelatin which doesn't contain anything unnatural works well too. Great for skin and hair.

Also consider http://cheflynda.com/2015/03/the-ine...oporosis-cure/

Normally, you can't find boron in a supplement by itself. No problem take 20 Mule Team Borax. I occasionally take 1/8 teaspoon in a glass of water. https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/borax.html

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-23-2017, 09:31 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:26 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough

Just learning about this...so collagen is about the same as gelatin? Except that it mixes better in everything and doesn't turn to gel?
I'm looking at some Antler Farms - 100% Pure Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein Powder from European Grass Fed Cows, Unflavored, 1 lb - Cold Water Soluble Collagen Peptides, NO Hormones, NO Antibiotics, NO Chemicals, NO GMOs.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:20 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Bone broth is an excellent source of collagen among other benefits. K2C, you can find beef and chicken bone broth at your favorite Country Cottage. You can find it at other healthy grocers too. Delicious.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:34 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Old 05-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

I'm into my 6 months with Cosamin DS, I actually heard about it a good 10 yrs ago but wasn't as desperate as I am now...and a lot has happened in 10 yrs with my knee.

I saw the ortho MD a couple weeks ago, he took xrays and in spite of the mess we both saw he saw a cushioning between the bone on bone appearance. I believe it's the Cosamin DS and it's not the cheapest stuff I've taken but could be what is helping. I get best price at ebay for $20 for a 5 week bottle, 3 caps daily.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:49 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Jfh, I've been using organic turkey bone broth from Natural Grocers for awhile now. It doesn't taste great on its own, but I just mix it with orange juice and my supplements when I take them.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:54 AM
perpetual student

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Jfh, I've been using organic turkey bone broth from Natural Grocers for awhile now. It doesn't taste great on its own, but I just mix it with orange juice and my supplements when I take them.
I have seen that there. I'm fortunate to have a Sprout's Farmer's Market about 30 minutes from me. They are in several states now. They seem to have the best variety of such supplements, and a wide variety of healthy food.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

I have Sprouts too, but I find a lot of items that Vitamin Cottage carries are less expensive than Sprouts. But I do go to Sprouts for certain things.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.