Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Exercise & Dieting

Old 01-10-2018, 11:15 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear it's coming down Davy.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:51 AM
Observer

Mugdha is on a distinguished road
Default High Pulse Rate

A really high pulse rate makes the heart unable to pump. Think about a rate of 200300. This occurs in Afib and Vfib. There is no time to fill the chambers before the beat.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Observer

Happyflowerlady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyKOTWF View Post
Blood thyroid work showed okay.

I just checked my old book, Magnesium Miracle, and the author suggests higher intake of Mg. He says 6-8mg per kg of weight. So I'm about 93 kg, so that's up to about 740 mg. . . almost double what'd I've been taking. I'm going to try that for a week and see if it helps.
I have been reading that book also, as well as other information about magnesium and arrythmias, and I can certainly tell you that taking magnesium has definitely helped me.

I started with400 mg twice a day, and the arrythmias (which were up over 160 sometimes) started getting better almost right away; so I bought a bottle of 500 mg, and I now that that twice a day.
If my heart does go into tachycardia, I immediately take another 500 mg capsule, and within 5-10 minutes, it will convert back into normal rhythm.

Since extra magnesium flushes out, just like extra vitamin C does, you really do not have to worry about getting too much of it, and the books actually give examples of people taking even higher doses than I am taking, with complete safety.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:57 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough

Thanks. I'm upping my Mg, and a different kind, Mg Taurate, to 900mg per day to see if it helps. ( I HAD been taking Mg Glycinate) Someone on another forum said this Mg Taurate is almost as good as ReMag and more is used by the body. Already getting loose stools so I just back off a little. Taking it 3 or 4 times a day. I'm thinking it will help and will know probably in 2 weeks.
Just what kind of Mg do you take, @HappyFlowerLady?
Old 07-31-2018, 07:18 AM
Observer

Happyflowerlady is on a distinguished road

I am actually taking two different forms of magnesium, Davy. The 500 mg is Natures Life (from Amazon), and it has magnesium oxide, citrate, and malate. It also has 5 mg of B-6.
When I saw how much that was helping, I also ordered some Good State ionic magnesium, as well as some ionic trace minerals.
Another thing that I learned from the book , was that I was getting WAY too much calcium before. I had been taking a cal/mag/zinc supplement, and it was a 3:1 ratio (supposed to be 1:1 ideally), plus whatever calcium I was getting in my food.

The a-fib had been an ongoing thing for many years, eventually leading to heart and kidney failure. An ablation helped (2 actually) but I still had episodes of tachycardia, and they were occurring more often again. When I started taking the magnesium, they almost totally stopped, and now I just get little flutters occasionally, and an extra dose of magnesium seems to stop even those.
It does give me soft stools; but when you compare having heart arrythmia and tachycardia, it seems like a minor issue, and even that has gotten better as my body adjusts to having the magnesium.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:33 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I have been using various forms of magnesium for decades. I need it for constipation. I know, probably crummy diet, but I've tried various diets over these decades. So, I do like to include mag oxide in any combination.

I read the Magnesium Miracle, and I bought some ReMag from Dr. Carolyn Dean. It worked very well all alone, but was too expensive to sustain. It would be better if the bottle had a dropper too. Anyway, I try to find magnesium which is ionic. One of my favorites is a product which has been around for a long time. Calm. It is a powder substance which mixes with water easily and tastes great.

There are other forms on the market. I always look for any magnesium which is bound with an acid, as that seems like the easiest to digest.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.