Old 11-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Observer

naturegal is on a distinguished road
Default Nasal Polyps

I know someone that just went through surgery. He is only in the recovery stages so no info on how life will be now, but he had almost complete blockage, and was so tired of not being able to breath right.

I found this "top rated" post, it got 5 stars, but I'll let each decide. I think I may have this issue but don't know if that is the cause of nasal congestion, or part of. I will try it rather than go for a lot of tests etc.

Hope it may help someone enough that surgery would not be necessary. I know what you might think about ACV, again, being the cure-all, but I think if done as this person did it, harmless to give it a try:
Attached Images
File Type: png nasal polyps.PNG (108.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:54 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Naturegal! I used to take full strength apple cider vinegar orally, and it really stung going down, I didn't know if it was harming my throat and esophagus, so I quickly stopped that practice. I imagine it would really sting the inside of the nostrils too, but I think it's worth a try if you're careful and don't overdo.

I've read that the steam from boiling ACV can help with sinuses, but it will sting the eyes.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Good luck Naturegal! I used to take full strength apple cider vinegar orally, and it really stung going down, I didn't know if it was harming my throat and esophagus, so I quickly stopped that practice. I imagine it would really sting the inside of the nostrils too, but I think it's worth a try if you're careful and don't overdo.

I've read that the steam from boiling ACV can help with sinuses, but it will sting the eyes.
I have to look again because I think I messed up mentioning ACV I think that article for the polyps is about hydrogen peroxide but I've got to look again I'm glad you brought this to my attention because I think I messed up I don't think it's a CV at all not in the article or maybe I attached the wrong article
Old 11-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Observer

No, that was what I found. I haven't had ACV burn on anything I've used it for, but I will be very careful trying it. If it even stings a little, I won't try it, LOL!!

I'll have to find the article on the Hydrogen Peroxide too and post it. Can't remember what it was about now
Old 11-26-2017, 07:37 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, naturegal. Good find.

I had a nasal endoscopy over a year ago. It took about a month for my sinuses to really clear up after the surgery. I did the nasal wash using the Neil Med bottle. The netti pot did not have enough force. Nasal wash is a must after surgery. Every day until you feel you have things clear.

I might try that ACV, because I sure don't want the polyps to come back. I could not breath due to over stimulation and post nasal drip. Mine were caused by fungus and were nearly a total blockage.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 11-26-2017, 07:41 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I read about the hydrogen peroxide too. I think it was from Dr. David Williams. Did not work for me. It was the 3% peroxide found in drug stores.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Observer

goatsncows is on a distinguished road

Have you ever of bite misalignment, or a TMJ?

I cannot tell you how many times someone with sudden tooth pain got a slight correction, and suddenly they could breath through their nose again.

Something to look into with your orthopedic dentist.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Observer

Thanks all for your replies. I couldn't find the Hydrogen Peroxide article, or what I was checking it for, which of my issues, lol! I have so many it seems like Anyway, I did read that what "type" of HP is used and it's called "Food Grade"??

I will try the ACV but will be careful and dilute it quite a bit to see if I get any burning like Kind2creatures mentioned. I've not had a clear diagnosis yet as our only, 2, General Surgeons are both leaving the area end of December and not taking any new patients They are the only ones that are doing endoscopy procedures, as well as surgeries if needed.

I am doing much better since I last posted, not this thread, but others on my PND. It was horrific (I do exaggerate) but it gagged me. I also developed a chronic, dry cough that I still have. I did get bad with that to the point of choking and vomiting Then, I was diagnosed with bronchitis. So, they treated me for that w/cough syrup and tiny "cough" pills. Then, I used just an OTC called Mucinex (generic). That did help some, but I still have PND every morning, and the rest of the day. Also Tinnitus which I don't know if that is related.

I do have Spasmodic Torticolous, hemoplegic Migraine, bone spurs, and essential tremor also. I think everything is connected, just like the song goes But, I am better because I believe, dropping a few foods out of my diet, mainly white flour, chocolate, have made the difference. If I find out it isn't Silent Reflux, I will figure it is allergy. I think it's both, arggggggggg

Sorry bout the long post, just wanted to write all 3 of you since you are folks I can talk to about these things. I also used a nasal wash, I use real, sea salt from Healthfood store, and I found a little baby-booger sucker real cheap at Walmart, works great

Thanks all of you, and I do hope surgery isn't in my future. Goatsncows, my teeth are not lined up real well, and I want to go to the dentist but none will take in new patients unless an emergency. On Jan. 1, 2018 in CA where I live, they have added some procedures to the Medicaid. I also talked to my caseworker and she will help me all she can to get regular checkups and cleanings, more if I need it.

Oh yes, she told me I could go to Redding, omg, what a drive that is, but they have an university like OHSU in Oregon where I am from. They have Student Dentists. A little scarey, but I'd be willing Thanks again to all of you, Denise
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.