Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

Old 07-28-2018, 08:55 PM
Observer

Cimmaron is on a distinguished road
Default Cause of Repeated Miscarriage?

I don't have a doctor and really can't afford one right now anyway. I've been researching and not finding much, but hoping someone can give me more leads, or I can figure out what specific tests I need and save up for them! If someone can give me a place to start at least...

Pregnancy #1 I had no symptoms, got a very faint positive around 16 DPO, then a negative the next morning and miscarried later that day.

Pregnancy #2 Clear positive around 14 DPO, full term boy

Pregnancy #3 Felt pregnant and clear positive 11 DPO, full term girl

Pregnancy #4 January of this year, started having full blown pregnancy symptoms about 8 DPO, got a faint positive followed by a neg, a week later another faint positive followed by a negative, then two weeks of off and on bad cramping and back pain. I pretty much laid around drinked raspberry tea the whole time. Miscarried at 6 1/2 weeks.

Pregnancy #5? June of this year, again full blown pregnancy symptoms, followed by a week of back pain and heavy cramping, then what I think was an early miscarriage. I never got a positive at all with this one.

Now I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant again, but not showing on test. I would only be 13 DPO. Earlier this week I threw up for an hour straight, queasy off and on every single day this week, waking up starving in the middle of the night, all your typical pregnancy symptoms. Today I started having really bad back pain again, so took two doses of false unicorn/wild yam/black haw tincture and went to bed till the pain got better.

I am very active, eat a very healthy organic diet, and am a healthy weight, but have several chronic health issues including type 1 diabetes, celiac and chronic low body temps (last month I had one waking temp of 94.8!). My thyroid numbers are on the low end of normal. The past couple weeks my temps have been 97-98.

I'm wondering if I could have low progesterone? Also confused because everything I'm reading says that pregnancy symptoms are caused by HCG, but why am I having all these early pregnancy symptoms (barfing my guts out?) if my HCG is too low to even show up on a test? This is the third time this year...
Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimmaron View Post
I'm wondering if I could have low progesterone?
Sounds like a strong possibility to me. I would do the blood work just to rule it out.
Just throwing this out there since you have several chronic health issues & low thyroid. How are you at controlling your stress levels?
Your body replaces progesterone with cortisol when you're stressed...
Old 08-08-2018, 08:43 AM
Observer

Cimmaron is on a distinguished road

I have scheduled a progesterone test.

Stress has been a huge issue for me. Although I'm not under so much stress now, I just went through three years straight with a LOT of stress - it was just one thing after another with family, work, money, etc, and I was constantly feeling stressed.

Tags
miscarriage, pregnancy, progesterone
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.