Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vision & Hearing

Old 07-05-2015, 06:12 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold
Default 8 minutes to superhuman vision

I had Lasik surgery about 30 years ago. Only in one eye. As I age, I now wish I had it done in both eyes or neither. This new surgery sounds like it is much better and more efficient. But they would have to put me to sleep. In Lasik, I had to look at a red dot. I could not help but squint. That is not good.

Quote:
A new bionic eye lens currently in development would give humans 3x 20/20 vision, at any age.

The lens, named the Ocumetics Bionic Lens, was developed by Dr. Garth Webb, an optometrist in British Columbia who was looking for a way to optimize eyesight regardless of a person’s health or age.

With this remarkable lens, patients would have perfect vision, ending the need for driving glasses, progressive lenses, and contacts, all of which are set to become a dim memory as the eye-care industry is transformed.

Even better is the fact that people who get the lens surgically inserted will never get cataracts, because the lens replaces that of their natural eye, which inevitably decays over time.

Webb says that anyone over the age of 25 is the best candidate, because that is when the eye is fully developed.

“This is vision enhancement that the world has never seen before,” he says, “If you can just barely see the clock at 10 feet, when you get the Bionic Lens you can see the clock at 30 feet away.“

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...ision-forever/

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 07-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Guide

Living Food will become famous soon enough

Is this the first step to people becoming cyborgs? I would be wary of such a thing.

Well, probably not the first step, because there are already people with bionic limbs. Of course this seems like a good thing because it helps people who have lost a limb, but where will the line be drawn? Now we hear that people can have bionic eye lenses installed. How long until they come up with a chip that goes in your brain to give you "superhuman intelligence?" If we continue down this road I don't doubt that it will happen, and I don't doubt that plenty of people will go for it. People will do anything these days, but have they thought of the consequences?

Designer babies, human cloning, cyborgs...people do not know the consequences of these activities, but they are very severe. Our technological and scientific mindset has lead us astray. We think that science and technology are the answer to everything, but actually they are very narrow and limited in scope.

The human body may naturally degenerate, but that does not have to be the case. Many people also come down with chronic illnesses and diseases, but this too can be avoided. There are ways to achieve radiant health and never become sick again in your life, but technology is certainly not the way to do it.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Explorer

Firekin4 will become famous soon enough

To get people to work in the factories that build the machines of this unnatural globalized human industry, you must make them reliant on that industry. The best way to do that is to make it sound good. Humans are meant to be a part of nature, we're simply grassland primates, not this godlike non-creature with the secrets of the multiverse, and the beauty of nature is the balance of flaws and assets. Some people are supposed to have shitty vision, some aren't meant to breed, some are meant to get sick and die. Trying to correct those things with means not part of our ecosystem will only lead to more imbalance in the world and within ourselves. I can't imagine embedding manmade materials in our eyes is particularly healthy.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Observer

NeptunesFlowers is on a distinguished road

Yea im good off the surgical cyborg implants
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.